Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:56 AM

I might be getting another English.

Now before anyone says that I'm just being snobby or anything, there are reasons why its just the English that I may be getting, and thats mainly time, money and space, plus I'm getting myself known round here for my English, so it seems only natural that I can twist this persons arm the most about letting me have the English.

I went round someones house the other day, one of their cats was giving birth (well its thought, she was apparently 'leaking', don't worry I made sure that they had the vets up to date, as to me what she was saying didn't sound good ) and this person asked me how long rabbits last for, I said well I think different breeds live for different amounts, and said the life expectancy for the English, she said at least was of hers was a English so I asked to look, she has a young, I think tortioshell Charlie English, I say think as apparently it was born black, but all I could see was dark tortoiseshell, although I think it needs a clean, also it had a lot of spots, but body shape looked English, so I'm not sure whether Charlie (Nancy had spots, but not like this one), or mismarked spotted, there was three in a hutch that was a good size for one, but not for three, and there was also a single lionhead in another hutch, all of them dirty, and no water in any bottles .

Anyway I spoke to the person, she said she might be moving soon, if she does she can't take them, so I could have the English if it happens (because of the reasons it might happen soon), if it does I'll try and get the others out, as tbh the bottom of the bedding looked black, but I know that I've got to make sure that I have enough resources to take her on without it impacting on my animals, and I've also got to get the money to then have her spayed and everything, and as the rabbits were all only sexed by pet shops hope that they were all sexed right aswell, so I might not get one, it depends on a lot of thinking, but if it comes to it, I think that she will be here at least until I can find a new home for her at least, and also try to find people to help the others too, I must admit though I'm also trying to offer hints to improve their life where they are, I mean theres a empty shed which would be good for them, its quite large, and if they can get in there the lionhead could go into the other hutch, and I've also offered to help them, so fingers crossed these rabbits lives will improve soon.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Bless you!