Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 10:27 PM

Goodbye Bizkit

Lurcher puppies everywhere, in every drawer, in the dishwasher, on the table. This was my first memory of Biz and Pharaoh. The dog warden had called me, could I help her out, a farmer had called her, he needed homes for the puppies. He had tried to breed a perfect rabbit dog, he had a pharaoh hound cross saluki and a greyhound. They had had more puppies than his friends would take and they are taking over his house, he said the dog warden should take them, or he would drown them... I called a friend I knoew was looking for a pup for her little girl and we set off... When we got there we had our pick, I have never seen so many pups! Either that poor mum dog had 20 odd pups or this was more than one litter, others were coming that the warden had found, all of the puppies were being collected.. I chose a boy, quiet and thoughtful looking (how wrong was I bless him).. My friend fell in love with a darker bigger girl who leaped all over her, licking and snapping at her face.

Such a beautiful girl, but soooo boisterous, I could see she would be trouble. A little redish puppy with a black nose and deep eye markings we called her Cleopatra and I called my boy Pharaoh... Until my friend's 3 year old girl met her... This is your puppy Cleo we said "Bizkit" said Mikayla... "No Mickey, it's Cleo", we said. "Bizkit" insisted Mikayla. So Bizkit it was. With that spelling, cos thats the way she spelled it. For two years my friend, Mikayla and Bizkit were a family. But then a new job and longer hours meant that poor Bizkit was left for too long and she started developing separation anxiety and would escape and run away if given any chance. To help ou I started to look after her, but gradually I was looking after her all day and all night and she wasn't going home anymore. My friend made the difficult decision to hand her over to me permanently. But with three at home. I knew I would have to find her another family.

My Mum loved my dogs but never really wanted a dog of her own. She had a cat, but agreed to look after Bizkit in the short term... I dropped Bizkit off, she was anxious, she cried. Mum had to work hard to calm her, she settled her in her bed and cuddled her that night. ... and the next night.. then after a few days Bizkit moved into her own bed in the spare room, but my Mum insisted to me, she needed to be tucked in under the covers every night. She prefered special food, and certain treats... I let Mum know I knew of a rescue that could take her... But they would never treat her right said Mum... Its better that she stays here...

Bizkit ruled my Mum's house and life from that moment on. She had found her palace and she was the queen. Beautiful queen Bea.

Run free... Run like the wind Bizzy B, no pain, no aches, Clear flat sand to the horizon and the sound of the sea. You can run on forever, clear over the water and beyond, over the horizon, over the rainbow.

Jackjack is there Bizzy, he'll know all the good places.. Rainbow bridge has a new queen.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 11:07 PM
R.I.P Bizkit xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 11:12 PM
RIP......run free....
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran