View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:28 AM

I took a dead cat to the vets on Saturday.

Poor thing, I was just going off to take the dogs for a walk, with little charlie and blake, when I saw a cat the other side of the road which looked like it was sunbathing, but something looked wrong, so I got the kids to stay one side of the road and went the other to check on it, and the poor thing was dead, I'm assuming from being hit by a car, so I took the kids home, got a box from their mum and put the dogs in the back garden to walk up to the vets before it shut at 12, unfornatly Honey had other ideas and jumped the six foot fence to come with me , so I left with Blake, Honey and this poor black and white cat and walked the 3/4 of a mile to the vets before it closed, getting their thankfully in time to hand it over, hopefully now its either chipped or the owners have noticed it missing and rang up, so that they know what happened, I'm going to ring up later and see if theres any news about it, but for now,

R.I.P black and white cat.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Aww poor little cat. Well done on your actions though. At least if it is chipped, the vets can contact the owners. If it is not chipped, the owners will probably ring round all of the local vets anyway. At least they will know what has become of their pet rather than being left to wonder.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Aww the poor thing.It's nice there are people like you around,Hope they manage to trace the owners,
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Thank you for caring.
Even if the cat isnt chipped and no owners can be traced,or ring up looking for this cat,you made sureit wasnt left at the side of the road to be gawped at,and worse-to be then either left there or be picked up by the council.

It was a living being and deserved to be treated with respect-
Hope the owner can be traced
From Maureen
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank you for caring. It may bring closure to the poor cats family but if its not chipped, at least it didnt end up in a council plastic bag.