Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-03-2011, 11:20 PM

Sally the whippet

i don't think this little lady is going to be too much trouble to place as whippets have their devotees and she's an absolute charmer but sighthounds are such thief magnets I prefer to see them go to more settled shores.
Sally was a death row poundie.She's a working strain whippet so she's taller than a show specimen,20" at point of shoulder,and of lighter build.She's a nicely marked black and white and probably around 4 years old.I have cat tested her and she passed with flying colours.Good with other dogs too,very submissive but not nervous.
Absolutely perfect on the leash, she's not shy and absolutely adores everyone she meets.She is so delighted to receive attention she does a peculiar propeller thing with her tail.
She's had pups at some stage,doubtless more than one litter,and has a few scars on her face.I'd guess they're dog bites but nothing large or disfiguring.She's had a hard life,but I'd guess general neglect rather than actual abuse.She arrived minus the very tip of her tail, a recent wound as it hasn't healed yet,it may have happened in the pound.She was found in the woods with two other dogs,possibly her own half grown pups,but one was already dead and the other had to be destroyed immediately as it was dying in great pain after being poisoned.
They were most likely dumped.
She needs to gain some weight before she can be speyed by which time her coat will have achieved that glorious watered silk look that only a black coat achieves.There's time to have a good think about whether there's a Sally size space on your sofa!Transport to the UK is easily arranged.
Pictures to follow.
Elizabeth13
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Aw, bless the poor little thing! Gosh, after such an ordeal and such a sweetie pie?!
Can't wait to see some pics!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:06 AM
She sounds amazing!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Oh poor little thing. I have always wanted a whippet as they are such sweet dogs. Sounds as if she has had a rotten life so far and yet she still loves humans - dogs are amazing aren't they? Space on my settee certainly.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 04:16 PM
How is Sally?
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Sally is well,recovering her coat now the mange is sorted and here she is.[IMG][/IMG]
As you can see she's very good with cats..[IMG][/IMG]
And LOVES her gallops in the paddock[IMG][/IMG]
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
She is doing so well and looks gorgeous -thank goodness for people like you.
I wish I wasn't so far away.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
It would cost less to home her(cost of transport around £50) than to adopt a dog from a rescue!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Where would she be transported to? Would she have to be collected?
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
The transporters do regular runs,one goes down the M4 then around the M25,that's the one who goes from here to Wales.The other one serves the north of England and sails out of Dublin.I've never used that one so I'm not sure of the route but I can find out.The receiving party gives a phone number for the driver so they can be kept up to date in the instance of delays and gets the driver's mobile too.A convenient point enroute is arranged to meet (times have to suit the driver though-the dogs on the transport can't be kept waiting for an owner's convenience)
You pay the prearranged and agreed transport fee and go home with your dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >