Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2011, 04:59 PM

Stressfull dog walk!

just got back from a rather stressfull walk. Its half term so had my 6 and 4yr old with me, both yapping and squarking all the way, we saw motleys friend who for some reason motley always tries to mount, he doesnt do this with any other dog, the other dogs owner hates it.
Walking round the park was fine, then on the way back saw some lovely boxers who wanted to say hello, we stood to the side as motley can get stressed meeting new dogs when he is on the lead. As the second one walked past the ower said hello the motley lunged at her dog, he is on a halti so he didnt move too far but he snarled!!

I think this was from me being stressed. I can handle my dog and i can handle my kids, but today it just felt like too much! Im sure it was my fault he snarled, i was trying to chill out!

Not sure of the point of this post really but if anyone lives nearby could they pop round with a bottle of wine?! Ta!
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I understand where you are coming from with half term.

I to am having to take my 6 year old on the dog walks and he moans constantly. The only way he doesnt moan is if he takes his bike.....but then i end up moaning cause he gets in the way

Roll on peacefully walks again next week
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Just be grateful you are not me.............3 children and 4 dogs
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 06:10 PM
definitely recommend the wine x

4 dogs and teenager and 11 yo squabbling sisters ! fantastic! lol
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2011, 07:08 PM
just found out my friends mum has died unexpectedly, has really out my 'problems' into perspective. I will stop moaning now and make the most of having my family about
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I've found half-term to be pretty bad without kids (working on the other side you get to hand them back for the week ) just in terms of everywhere we walk being jam packed (you know the weather's got better when the first ice cream vans of summer are being sighted) and getting a heck of a lot of attitude for daring to be out walking a dog during daylight hours... hence getting up at stupid o'clock and vanishing along the canal towpath this morning before anyone sensible got up! There's also been lots of one of my absolute pet hates (inherited from my mother who'd go apocalyptic if she caught us doing it) - kids ripping away at trees yanking branches off mindlessly (climbing - yay go for it, mindless destruction - noooo) which has been sending my blood pressure skyward.

And yeah Motley - lost a very close family friend who was like my second father recently... I'm taking from that one, since he died about 3 months before he'd have been able to retire and claim his pension, that stuff putting everything nice off till tomorrow or when you retire because you might drop down dead before you get there. (Oh and to lose some more weight myself because he had to go about 100 miles away to be cremated in the extra wide crematorium )
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I feel your pain! Hope you've got the kids in bed and that wine now!

My 2 kids are 8 & 10, so I can leave the 10 year old at home and the 8 year old is happy to come out with me because she's dog mad (who could she get that from? ) But I still look forward to the end of the long hols so it can just be me and the dogs, bliss!

J.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Cheer up all you harassed parents-they're back to school next week!
foxychic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Ha Ha , im doing the walk tomorow lol. 3 kids 2 dogs . My partner is at work and kids all in bed and me and a bottle of white and dogsey . Oh and my 13 week old staff x and 3 year old german sheperd tearing around the living room .