Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 06:54 PM

Have let a dog down today

Sorry can't stop thinking about it. Feel really bad, in a store today a dog ran in, was female, looked like a young Staffie(seemed good natured), folk with young children were in there n some started screaming. I managed to get hold of dog by collar(no tag) n with shop assistant took through into a back room of shop(said hopefully would be micro chipped). Looked around in car park to see if anyone was looking for a dog but no luck. I rang the store later to see if the owners had been found but the dog warden was there to take the dog
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Why have you let the dog down? You made the effort when others wouldn't, and it's not your fault the dog was loose. Hopefully the dog will be microchipped or will have an owner looking for it, but it's not your fault. If you can offer to foster it then why not give the dog warden a call in the morning? You'd have been responsible for reporting it legally anyway.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Don't feel bad at least you know the dog is safe and being looked after. What more could you do?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Don't feel bad,or you let that dog down,you could have saved it's life and at least it's not in the wrong hands.

Hopefully it will have been reported missing and it will be reunited with it's owners soon
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:08 PM
You haven't let her down at all, you have done more than a lot of people would have done. Hopefully she is microchipped and is back with her owner already.xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Thankyou all, it's s*d* law but am at a funeral tomorow otherwise could maybe have brought the dog here after contacting council, police. I will try ring dog warden tomorow when get home n hope that the owners have been found. Am not in a position to have another dog right now, financially or otherwise(i think?) but she was such a beautiful liitle dog Don't know how i'd go about introducing another dog here either n how mine would accept, what a carry on. I rarely go into town either, was only looking for jacket for tomorow
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't be daft! How have you let the dog down? You caught her, when no one else bothered and what more could you have done?

So stop being so hard on yourself
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:25 PM
It's hard when you worry about dogs that you have met and what has become of them. When I first met my Max I thought he was a stray. I fell in love with him almost immediately, big clown that he is. The rest is history and he is curled up on my sofa now!

Give the dog warden a call tomorrow or even the store and hopefully that will put your mind at rest. If she isn't micropchipped and they will be looking for a new home for her - I guess that is up to you what you do then...

Hope that the funeral goes as well as can be expected tomorrow.xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:28 PM
You didnt let her down, you helped secure her safety. She may even be home now thanks to you. Dont be so down about it. You did a good thing.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Thankyou both, will ring dog warden tomorow if can contact, can't believe such an incident from rare venture into town
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »