Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Came to a decision

I've been trying to study the Classical Greek and Roman world, plus a course in Latin. As well as several courses for the Cadets.

Well lately I've been getting really stressed and finding that I'm not coping. I was at the point where from November through to just after New Year I hadn't even looked at any of the coursework, but I wasn't getting the Latin, and missed an assignment.

Thankfully the tutor for the Classical World course was completely understanding and gave me an extension but my mark suffered as a result. The Latin Tutor said no chance on an extension...

Anyway...I've decided to drop out of the Latin course, I just don't get it at all, I've tried time after time to understand how it all works but I still don't understand it and it's not sinking in, so it's getting dropped. Not only that I have a few courses coming up for the cadets that are quite important and I need to study for them too...as well as training for the half marathon in 3 weeks time, so something has to give.

I feel guilty but at the same time I have to look after myself, it's stressing me out and that I can definately do without.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I think you have done the right thing as if you had continued then other subjects would have suffered. No point in continuing with a subject that is causing you stress and not giving you some pleasure. Good luck - you seem to have enough on your plate.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 10:32 AM
You can always go back to it in the future if you wish. Keep all your course records etc. And what relevant modules you`ve done will count towards any future learning with the Accreditation of Prior Learning scheme. Education is never wasted!