Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:27 PM

Your dog magazine

well i normally buy dogs today to read, now and again when i treat myself when theres a bit of extra pennies however after buying the last few issues and just getting really annoyed and down how they slate pedigree dogs constantly. more or less every article is on how bad pedigree dogs are. i decided it wasnt worth my £3.75.

so ive bought your dogs this month instead, not bought it before, but theres a positive article about crufts so somehow i reckon its already a better read

lets hope its good any one else buy it?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Dogs today is known to be very anti. I believe the editor (beverley cuddy?) is refused access to crufts.

Your dog is a much more balanced read.
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-02-2011, 07:49 PM
tbh i get whatever magazine cover takes my fancy. normally is your dog though i think
redcoatsagility
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 07:55 PM
i love your dog but i also always buy dogworld
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:01 PM
I wrote a letter of complaint to them as I felt they were so anti-pedigree. It never got published though!
Ksal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I tend to buy whichever Dog magazine looks most interesting that month, but I have to admit I did think to myself that I wouldn't bother buying Dogs Today again after last month as it just so negative. I really like Your Dog, it does feel far more balanced and celebrates dog ownership. It's a shame as I think there are some great columnists in Dogs Today. I know the issues they are tackling are really important, but why don't they ever talk about the healthy pedigree dogs that are out there and making wonderful pets?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:17 PM
we dont get any dog mags any more, just our dogs paper.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I have a subscription to Your Dog, but occasionally pick up another one if i like the look of whats in it, if I am passing P@H, the only place near us to buy them from.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 02:52 AM
I have Your Dog on order at the newsagent. Did have Dogs Today until recently when there was bother getting it - new owner of the shop and couldnt be annoyed getting it a month late if at all when I can pick it up in the supermarket or PAH. Usually get Dogs Monthly when in PAH and now buying Your Cat too I also have a sub for Boxer Quarterly

The editor of Dogs Today Beverley Cuddley showed and bred Bearded Collies for quite a few years. She cares a lot for dogs.

Does anyone remember Pet Dogs magazine? I thought it was the best one of all but it went out of biz

I rarely if ever buy the dog weeklys as they are, I feel, more directed towards the show folk with all the show results. Having said that if I saw one in the newsagents I would probably pick it up. Always preferred Dog World tho....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2011, 03:03 AM
I used to love Dogs Today, but I stopped buying it a long time ago now - Beverley Cuddy is very much a Jemima Puddleduck clone these days sadly and every other article is about how crap pedigree dogs are!

I get Dog World every week for showing info and when I do get a dog magazine I just make sure I buy anything but DT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >