Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Oh Dear - Wild Boar come to town!

Just been reading our free paper and it seems that the wild boar from the forest have made there way into our town.

Apparently they have been down the boating lake and been digging up the grass and peoples gardens

My kids sometimes walk that way to school,so looks like telling them to walk through town.

What will happen to the boar is anyone's guess.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I see you're obviously near the Forest of Dean (lucky you, one of my favourite spots for a week's holiday with the dogs).

Do you think that it's hunger, increase in population, decrease in habitat that's driving the boar closer to human dwellings?

From what I'd heard, the wild boar are very shy & you're lucky to get a glimpse of them.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh to be honest I wouldn't worry, leave them alone and they will leave you alone.

I'd love to see that, I remember being out on a picnic a bit further north just outside Golspie, and we had some wild pigs come in to try to raid our picnic box...it was so comical. I know i shouldn't laugh but oh my goodness I couldn't stop. I ended up herding them away but jeez I was in pain laughing.