Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Taking children to pizza hut

ok so this might seem i strange question but here goes and sorry its so long just want to no what you think

on thursday i will be minding my 14month old nephew for the day as his mum has to go in hospital and its likely she wont be out until sat at the earliest,
as well as the baby she has 5 other children 3 girls and 2 more boys, the 3 girls are being looked after by someone else so they are not the problem, the problem is the 2 older boys who are both at secondary school, but for various reasons they go to different ones so heres the dilemma

their mum has arranged with there grandad and uncle to have them until the sunday but they wouldnt be able to get them from school, and she doesnt want them in the house on there own from school finishing until they are picked up later that night, so she was going to keep them off school so that they could go to their grandads in the morning

so i was thinking, knowing what my nephews are like and that if they get one day off they will try to not go the next day either that i would offer to pick them both up from school and watch them until they can get to there grandads, so i would have the baby and the 2 older lads and was thinking of taking them out for tea for a treat and to take their minds of their mum being in hospital

i have seen advertised that kids eat free at pizza hut .... so heres my strange question how does this work
- is it on free kids meal with every paying adult
- would i get 2 free kids meals with my one meal

EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Just looked at site 1 kid free with every adult buffett/meal ordered.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:14 PM
If the boys are at secondary school they might even be classed as adults. Some places charge adult prices for kids from 12! Ridiculous! X
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Just looked at site 1 kid free with every adult buffett/meal ordered.
thanks for that i had a look on the site and couldnt see anything .... obviously wasnt looking in the right place typical me

so i can find another victim .... oops sorry willing volunteer to come along with me then or pay for one of their meals

thanks
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:18 PM
That sounds like a good plan!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
If the boys are at secondary school they might even be classed as adults. Some places charge adult prices for kids from 12! Ridiculous! X
oooh yes never though about that their 11 and 12 so should just be ok if not then i will just have to pay for them or take them to the carvery over the road choices choices
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Another option could be to get pizzas for home - Pizza Express do nice ones, often on offer, or if you're feeling brave - get some pizza bases, tomato sauce/puree and a selection of toppings and let them make their own at home - with the money you save, rent a DVD and let them have a chill out afternoon, eating on their laps with their hands infront of the TV (we used to love that priviledge as kids!)
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:29 PM
We had Dominos pizza a few weeks ago. It was lovely and delivered to the door!

The boys would probably love to be taken out though!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Another option could be to get pizzas for home - Pizza Express do nice ones, often on offer, or if you're feeling brave - get some pizza bases, tomato sauce/puree and a selection of toppings and let them make their own at home - with the money you save, rent a DVD and let them have a chill out afternoon, eating on their laps with their hands infront of the TV (we used to love that priviledge as kids!)
hmmmm not quite brave enough to attempt them making their own, not because they couldnt but i know they can pick a fight over them smallest thing so if one gets more cheese or has bigger peices/more veg .......... im sure you get my drift
also i have got the baby to watch as well and he's in too everything and also i have to keep ruby shut up stairs when they are here so its fairer to ruby to go out aswell, but i'll definatly keep that idea in mind for the summer holidays when ruby can spend the day playing in the garden instead of being in one of the bedrooms

Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
We had Dominos pizza a few weeks ago. It was lovely and delivered to the door!

The boys would probably love to be taken out though!
yeah i think they would love to go out as theres so many of them and their mum is ill they dont get too many treats and also it saves me washing up after