Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 12:22 AM

Cleaning

Anyone else sick of cleaning up after the dogs? I seem to spend all my time cleaning the floors, the kithen cupboards they wip ethemselves against when they come in, the furniture etc.

I know it's only because of the continual rain and once the spring comes things will improve.

But Oscar has been asleep since about 745pm and I've JUST finished cleaning. Nightmare!!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi - I have a pile of towels by the back door and they have to wait just inside the back door before they are wiped down properly. If their feet are muddy then they get dunked in a bowl of warm water. Mind you, I don't have long haired breeds now like you have which I admit is a bit of a nightmare.

I much prefer when it is frosty and the ground is hard as they keep nice and clean
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I may try dunking their feet. Will be difficult though as the back door is almost always open - even in winter.

Only my Lurcher is long haired and because shwe was in such a state when I first fostered her, all her feathering an dlong hair was chopped off. It's just started growing back now so I do appreciate that it could be much worse for her.
The 3 GSDs are all short haired.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 12:28 AM
I have to say that now with only having a greyhound I don't get any mess at all.
I do remember clearly though the years of having a house that seemed to have more mud inside than outside did.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I know that feeling only too well. In this weather, it seems they love to bring the garden (ALL of it) into the hosue with them. Well they do like to share!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Paving! Laminate! Machine Washable rugs!
and best of all...
poor eyesight!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Don't have rugs. Do have paving, wooden floors in living rooms and hallway, tiles in kitchen and den, leather suites. Don't have ANY carpet, rugs or similar downstairs at all and the dogs aren't allowed allowed in the bedrooms where there is carpet.

Need to concrete the garden or fix the gate to stop the dogs sneaking through. Then all will be fine and dandy!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Wellies for dogs-that's what we need!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Good idea - would have to be a pink fluffy pair for Zane though!