View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Button's first week...(cocker spaniel pup)

I thought I would start to write about Button's first week and share some of our experiences.He was born on the first of November and came home to us at nine weeks old.
He is a brilliant little chap and an absolute credit to his breeder.

He tries his hardest to head for the door/newspaper when he needs a pee, has a great appetite and even has recall to his name.

He has spent his first two nights in a crate and has slept well after initial crying....we are going to do some play sessions in there later.He has his meals in there too.

Fudge our 5 year old collie cross(female) is not at all sure but they are co-habiting very well. He gives her all the space she needs and listens well to her signals.She will approach him for a sniff and a look to see what he is doing and has shared a cuddle with him on me.....He is terrified when she barks though and comes running to me when someone comes to the door.

I gave him a new toy today which he loves and it was the first time he barked.....so small and cute! He did a proper play bow and barked at they toy then wrestled it to the ground.......He also seems to enjoy watching TV!

I have also discovered that cocker cheeks hold a lot of contraband and that he can fit his cocker ears nicely into a water bowl to shower me later!

I am sure we will have some funny stories to share.At the moment he is snuggled at the side of me snoring.....
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Arww I cant wait to hear loads of updates about this lovely lad, he sounds a real character!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
He sounds lovely. I think you are in for some fun times and we are in for some enjoyable stories along the way. The same as we did with Steph about Tess and her antics.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Sounds like he's settling in nicely Rach.

Fudge does have quite a 'distinctive' bark so it's no wonder he gets a fright.

As for the cheeks and ears - you may as well just keep your mop out !
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Bless- you're sure in for some fun!

We want lots of pics too though!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Sounds like all is going well upto now.

I have to say he sounds brighter than Tess was but I doubt that would be hard not to do........... although she is getting the hang of things now (thank you Lord)
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Forgot to mention on your other thread, Chow Bella make lovely Spaniel bowls for when Buttons is older.
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Aww bless him, glad that he is settling in well and I love his name x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Forgot to mention on your other thread, Chow Bella make lovely Spaniel bowls for when Buttons is older.
Already told her about them. They're a godsend!

Lovely story of his first week Rach, he's such a good boy.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I came downstairs this morning and let him out of his crate and we went into the garden where he did a pee....good boy....It was raining too which he was intrigued with.He has discovered that the garden is a world of mystery complete with lots of smells and rather large birds which make scary noises.

Today was the first school run so his first taste of being left alone in his crate apart from at night.He had a tiny piece of dried chicken as his crate treat and although he complained about going in he was calm and curled up on my return.....Fudge also seemed very calm so that is great.

After some more garden play he has crashed curled up into a ball at my side,nose stuffed under a cushion,just as he likes it........Fudge is sleeping on the other side of me.......peace prevails! For now at least!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >