Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 02:46 PM

How did you know?

how did you know your breed was the breed you wanted to own forever? like you hear people say " i cant imagine my life with out a collie now" for example.

but how did you fall in love with that breed and know you would never want a different breed?

i ask because although i love my cresteds, they are my first dogs, but i dont exclusively love this breed, there are loads of breeds i like and would like to own (dont tell the cresteds that though!) so how have you known that thats what you want,or are you like me and still have a number of breeds you like?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Iv always had collies in my life since I was born, so you could say its bred into me to have a love for BCs!
I cant imagine the house without a BC, but when we get a larger house I and OH would love a GSD...along with a few BCs for company lol
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 02:51 PM
When we lost our old crossbreed my mum was a childminder and insisted, if I were to get another dog, that it had to be something that was good with children..hence my first Irish Setter 30+ years ago.

When Jasper died 10 years later I wanted something with a similar temperament but didn't want to appear to be replacing him, so bought my first English Setter, Harvey, in 1991...this was to be the beginning of my love for the breed, I have had other breeds too but cannot comprehend having anything other than an English in my life if I am only able to have one or two dogs, (there would also be an Irish setter if I were allowed a few more).

English setters should carry a warning...you can never have just one and, once you've tried them, you are hooked!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Have had so far, a Miniature Long haired Dachshund, English Setters, a Pointer and an Irish Setter.... Now I really would like to try a few other breeds in my life, but when push comes to shove, my heart belongs to the English, I am already planning my next three!! One is already booked, if all goes to plan should arrive middle of next year.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I do like a lot of breeds, some particularly so...but now I've had a Greyhound, I don't think I could have anything else...they're prefect for me and the longer I have him, the more I love him
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I dont have a breed

I would definately get another mutt though like a box of chocolates - you dont know what you're getting - I did a simular thread to this

I do love my BC's though ever since the Film "Bingo" never had a dog of my own til 18th July 2010 - Louie
But Sadie's easiness of training and her brilliance around everything - she made me love BC's even more (although she is part JRT)
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Never gonna happen There are too many glorious breeds out there...........I don't think I could ever pick just one to have
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Never gonna happen There are too many glorious breeds out there...........I don't think I could ever pick just one to have
hehe thats what im like i love far too many breeds. i think im going to be having a few different breeds living in glorious harmony together either that or bedlam
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:04 PM
We are pretty sure we are springer only people, but Rolo is only almost 5 months, but I cant see us with anything else, the breed just seem to match what we love!
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:06 PM
I used to own/ show Shih Tzu's and Lhasa Apso's. I always used to watch the Cresteds in the ring when I went to shows and always sort of followed them.
About 20years ago I got the chance to rescue and rehome 2 and I knew from then that I would own a Crested.
I never dreamed though that I would end up with so many lol they sure are like chips ya canny just have 1
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »