Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:07 AM

Falling apart, but I love it.

Which means I'm either a animal lover or mad, or maybe a bit of both .

I'm currently working with some horses, not sure how long it will go on for, its not a paid job, but fun, and the hours are great too, I can leave at 8am and get back in around five, which I think is amazing, although I know less then nothing about horses, with that many and the people I'm working with, I'm learning lots, fast (and even got to see a bit of training yesterday, the horse was the owners top eventer, and a gorgeous horse too).

That bits fun, but I do have a 'dappy' finger, one that got bitten a few years ago, which the doctors said would be painful in the winter, but hasn't really been so far, but this week it got so cold I was cleaning tack and noticed that unless I was holding my finger, it just couldn't stay straight, it was painful too, so not fun I had to stop what I was doing for a while to try and warm it up before starting again, and for some reason I have got cuts along the back of me knee, someone said about the boots I'm wearing, but the boots stop before the cuts, and yesterday I got home to find blood trickling down my leg, and what wasn't bleeding was all inflammed and red, then because right now I'm so busy I'm not eating as I probally should well I don't have time for breakfast, and quite often just have a tea or two for lunch, but I'm having to make sure that I eat more throughout the day now, as the other day I was so light headed I actually got out of bed and couldn't walk straight, it was the wierdest feeling I've ever had (if I was drunk I could understand but), anyways I must be mad, because with all of this, I'm still happy that I'm working with the horses right now.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Ha ha

I worked with horses for circa 30 years then one year around 1990 I decided I was getting too old for wheeling yet another barrow of muck across a frozen, icy, slippy racing yard and decided to go to evening classes to get a nice indoor job.

Not regretted it since!

Glad you enjoy it, I am too long in the tooth to enjoy the great outdoors in the winter now!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm quite a strange one, I prefer working out in the winter then any other time of year , aparently my body don't though lol.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2010, 12:00 PM
lol you can come and do our 2 if you want as well! im ok in winter as long as its not raining dont mind the cold tho. glad ur enjoying the horses they are all characters i bet
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Well there's three eventers (all belonging to the manager) who are very much so lol, I've been bitten by one who was playing and nipped to hard, but didn't break the skin so that was alright, one decides that he don't like you until you pay him attention so you will be walking past him and suddenly see head and teeth coming at you, and the third is just simply stunning, the other ones are a bit more qiuter, although with the ones that are mainly kept in and used, ones very shy, ones grumpy, one is a cheeky little pony too, the others come and go, from the stables to the fields, apart from leading them up the road I don't really have a lot to do with the ones in the fields as yet, but they all do have a bit of character