Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:02 AM

Locked out!

Can't believe what happened to us last night.

I go to yoga on Thursdays so last night OH took the dogs out instead of me and off I went. Sometimes he brings the dogs out and in the back door so I went out the front, locking the door behind me. We had a new door and windows fitted a few months ago and had a slam/shut on the front door so we always need keys to get back in.

When I'm nearly home, I one bell him on the house phone and he moves his works van off the drive, I then park at the back of the drive and he puts his van in front of the car so he can just drive off in the morning, without having to move the car.

Because he came in the back with the dogs, the front door was still locked from earlier so when I got home, he unlocked the door but left the keys in the lock. We parked up, I came to let us in with my keys but because the keys were in the other side, my keys wouldn't work!

He tried jemming the kitchen window open so I could have climbed in but was in danger of breaking the glass so we gave up on that.

The back door was locked from inside so we couldn't get in there so we spent an hour trying to flick the keys out of the lock inside, through the letterbox, with anything he could find in his van. I could get my arm through halfway up to my elbow but was in danger of getting stuck. In the end, he had to unscrew the letterbox off the outside, break the other half of the letterbox off the inside so it gave us another centimetre to play with to get the keys hooked on the wire bucket handle he found and finally the keys dropped out of the door and we got in at 9.50pm!

I was absolutely frozen as I only had my short yoga trousers, a tshirt and my sprayway coat on and my feet were like blocks of ice.

He won't leave the keys in the lock again, I can tell you!
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Can't believe what happened to us last night.

I go to yoga on Thursdays so last night OH took the dogs out instead of me and off I went. Sometimes he brings the dogs out and in the back door so I went out the front, locking the door behind me. We had a new door and windows fitted a few months ago and had a slam/shut on the front door so we always need keys to get back in.

When I'm nearly home, I one bell him on the house phone and he moves his works van off the drive, I then park at the back of the drive and he puts his van in front of the car so he can just drive off in the morning, without having to move the car.

Because he came in the back with the dogs, the front door was still locked from earlier so when I got home, he unlocked the door but left the keys in the lock. We parked up, I came to let us in with my keys but because the keys were in the other side, my keys wouldn't work!

He tried jemming the kitchen window open so I could have climbed in but was in danger of breaking the glass so we gave up on that.

The back door was locked from inside so we couldn't get in there so we spent an hour trying to flick the keys out of the lock inside, through the letterbox, with anything he could find in his van. I could get my arm through halfway up to my elbow but was in danger of getting stuck. In the end, he had to unscrew the letterbox off the outside, break the other half of the letterbox off the inside so it gave us another centimetre to play with to get the keys hooked on the wire bucket handle he found and finally the keys dropped out of the door and we got in at 9.50pm!

I was absolutely frozen as I only had my short yoga trousers, a tshirt and my sprayway coat on and my feet were like blocks of ice.

He won't leave the keys in the lock again, I can tell you!
OH poor old you and what a night for it to happen, don't know about you but we have SNOW this morning and it was absolutely freezing last night, even the dog got in bed with us (a big no no with me) but OH insisted anyway i hope you soon warmed up and just remember the male species have a problem with thinking about more than one thing at a time

Sue x
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:15 AM
what made I laugh was he was the one that wanted the slam/shut on the door in the first place so he only has himself to blame. All the time we were trying I asked if we took the letterbox, would that help and he kept saying it wouldn't do any good. Within two minutes of taking it off, we were in!

So far I've restrained myself from pointing this out, but he knows it helped!
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
what made I laugh was he was the one that wanted the slam/shut on the door in the first place so he only has himself to blame. All the time we were trying I asked if we took the letterbox, would that help and he kept saying it wouldn't do any good. Within two minutes of taking it off, we were in!

So far I've restrained myself from pointing this out, but he knows it helped!
Yes thats my OH to a tee, we have slam shut so he dont have to faf about with keys when he goes out, one less thing to think about ( i just call it lazy) and they seem to have no logical thought process but if YOU suggest something logical and SIMPLE its "oh no, that wont work" with a look of "you have no idea" In my case you would think after 32yrs of me being right he would have learned BUT OHHH NO, he still insists he knows best , Tshhhhhhhhhhh men who would keep them

Sue x