Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:15 PM

The love for your breed?

I was just watching "Babe" snuggled down with Sadie and Louie thinking, this is the movie that made me fall in love with Border collies

Now although I have mutts, I have a soft spot for BC's any colour, any one, So I was wondering what made you fall in love with your favourite dog breed?
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Didn't want or like dogs I was actually terrified of them after a few bites as a kid,I had 4 cats and that was it,then hubby starts on ..............Can we have a dog? After a few months of nagging i started to think about it but told him it had to be a puppy and a dog breed i felt happy with ,kids were small at the time.After lots of looking through books we couldn't agree i liked the english bull terrier he didn't,then one day walking the kids to school i spotted a guy walking this dog,the next time i saw him i stalked him and asked about the dogs breed she was a beagle,we found a breeder did research on the breed and put down a deposit a few months later we got Darwin 6 months later we wanted a friend for him. Along came Willow. 5 years later I decided to try fostering I am now on foster no 9 the last 3 have been for Beagle welfare so you could say we're a bit hound obsessed I now love watching films etc and spotting beagles or any hound for that matter!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Didn't want or like dogs I was actually terrified of them after a few bites as a kid,I had 4 cats and that was it,then hubby starts on ..............Can we have a dog? After a few months of nagging i started to think about it but told him it had to be a puppy and a dog breed i felt happy with ,kids were small at the time.After lots of looking through books we couldn't agree i liked the english bull terrier he didn't,then one day walking the kids to school i spotted a guy walking this dog,the next time i saw him i stalked him and asked about the dogs breed she was a beagle,we found a breeder did research on the breed and put down a deposit a few months later we got Darwin 6 months later we wanted a friend for him. Along came Willow. 5 years later I decided to try fostering I am now on foster no 9 the last 3 have been for Beagle welfare so you could say we're a bit hound obsessed I now love watching films etc and spotting beagles or any hound for that matter!
"Cats & Dogs" spring to mind Mind it was that film that made me fall in love with Chinese Cresteds as well as "102 dalmations" - Cruela's CC - beautiful!

To be honest I never really cared for having a lab or a springer (as I know their traits) now I own a lab cross springer I've always wanted a EBT though - my mum hates the faces - I just love them
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Yep the ebt face is great in an ugly cute way I fell for the breed in Oliver, Bullseye was it? I had the chance of fostering one but didn't i met him though, he was a monster as in size. I thought they were smaller, I didn't know they came in different sizes. I watched cats and dogs at the pics with my kids and thought it was a really bad film,I now love it Snoopy was a beagle too. We debated A huskey and got the chance of fostering one,she was hard work to start but a great dog and a good way for me to get over my bigger dog fears which i still had at the time,again hubby wasn't keen we did see a great huskey malamute pup the other day though and hubby was besotted ,so who knows maybe in the future....
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Yep the ebt face is great in an ugly cute way I fell for the breed in Oliver, Bullseye was it? I had the chance of fostering one but didn't i met him though, he was a monster as in size. I thought they were smaller, I didn't know they came in different sizes. I watched cats and dogs at the pics with my kids and thought it was a really bad film,I now love it Snoopy was a beagle too. We debated A huskey and got the chance of fostering one,she was hard work to start but a great dog and a good way for me to get over my bigger dog fears which i still had at the time,again hubby wasn't keen we did see a great huskey malamute pup the other day though and hubby was besotted ,so who knows maybe in the future....

I could never have a husky - I'm a lazy person, I dont mind a long walk in the country - but I prefer to have the dogs off the lead whilst I'm doing so My friend has 3 huskys, husky x GSD and a husky x Mal - he's gorgeous but they are all hard work.

And yes it was Bullseye - I think it was my rebeliousness towards what my mum didnt like that made me fall in love with EBTs
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Well my grandad had a collie cross when I was tiny. Then I loved watching the famous five on tv when I was a kid (even tho in the books Timmy is not a collie) then close friends had collies and collie crosses
They have always been in my life tbh to me when I think 'dog' it is collie shaped, nothing against any other breeds but its collie types for me every time
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I loved beagles when i was younger after becoming obsessed with Shiloh ... also had obsessions with Turner & Hooch, K-9 and the little rascals... i loved all the dogs in those

i dont have a 'breed' though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I was just watching "Babe" snuggled down with Sadie and Louie thinking, this is the movie that made me fall in love with Border collies

Now although I have mutts, I have a soft spot for BC's any colour, any one, So I was wondering what made you fall in love with your favourite dog breed?
Everything about them, from their mushy faces, to their exuberant characters, their physique, their colouring , their " I love the world " and the"world loves me" attitude.

Cant walk past one without having to stop and have a Boxer kiss or two
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I have always had a fascination with ESS, my mil was going to get two just over 20 years ago, but sadly her husband died so she pulled out of getting them, this has always left my husband and I wondering and wanting to have one around, so just over seven weeks ago, i finally decided the time was right for us to get a dog and so it was natural that this was what we got.

We knew the work that we needed to put in, and the amount of exercise especially needed by the working strain, but decided it fitted our lifestyle, very outdoors and around during the day, so went for it and Rolo arrived. Just love the look in their eyes, their fluffy ears and watching them have so much fun when out and about in fields. We knew we wanted a dog that could be off lead, didnt just want to be walked around streets plodding along next to his owner, so he suits us really well. Love the liver colour of this breed, they are just so beautiful and their medium size fits our house size and my husband refusing to walk a handbag size dog and me not wanting to give house space to a large dog. I am obsessed with all things springer and could look at pics of their unique markings all day!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I loved beagles when i was younger after becoming obsessed with Shiloh ... also had obsessions with Turner & Hooch, K-9 and the little rascals... i loved all the dogs in those

i dont have a 'breed' though.
Dont get me wrong - I love my mutts, but there are some dogs I cant say no too I also love K9 and T&H - Louie's gf is a DdB looks just like Hooch too

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Well my grandad had a collie cross when I was tiny. Then I loved watching the famous five on tv when I was a kid (even tho in the books Timmy is not a collie) then close friends had collies and collie crosses
They have always been in my life tbh to me when I think 'dog' it is collie shaped, nothing against any other breeds but its collie types for me every time
Yup I think collie shadow too

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Everything about them, from their mushy faces, to their exuberant characters, their physique, their colouring , their look at me attitude.

Cant walk past one without having to stop and have a Boxer kiss or two
I'm the same with Bulldogs
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >