Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Tiggie, Red Fell Terrier, DOB 07 – Gatwick, Surrey

Tiggie, Red Fell Terrier, DOB 07 – Gatwick, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Terrier Experience ... oh you say why? When we say terrier experience we need persons who have been there before and know how to have a terrier's safety foremost in their mind; able to put their behaviours in perspective as typical, manageable and above all don't take the terrier seriously, but see where they tie themselves in knots and negotiate with them to get them untied. Pitching your wits against a terrier makes them and any situation a whole lot more serious and escalates manifesting issues. Tiggie needs his space respected and confidence behind his lead.

His Story: Tiggie was homed 2 years ago in with an adult family with late teen children. He was 'sold' from a foul crate with one other dog in it ... they couldn't leave him behind. He was fine for over a year, but began to guard his bed and toys. Someone wasn't listening and managing him as his behaviour escalated so that he was actually biting his owner. Tiggie was no problem in the vet where he stayed a week nor has he been so in the kennels.

Advert: Tiggie presents as a Red Fell Terrier; smooth coated, intermediate legged. Although very frightened when we picked him up he soon settled and sought affection. He has been very welcoming of all attempts to bond with him. Tiggie is settling in kennels and becoming positive and relaxed with dogs within the kennel situation and outside. He initially displayed great concern, but now he is more assured. This is the difference when a terrier has confidence behind them ... this is when the person with the lead shows the dog that they are in control and leading the walk; not looking towards the dog, as to determine what attitude the dog will take in any given situation.

Tiggie has settled well and we are sure that in the right hands his problems need not be too much of a feature. We are hoping that he may even settle well in with another dog who can give him confidence in a situation so that he doesn't feel the whole situation is on his shoulders.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-11-2010, 10:54 PM
More pics of Tiggie!

A little ballet

Met some friends (aren't I tiny!)

My cute puppy face ...

Fabulous walk in the sunshine

Tiggie is currently in boarding kennels and would love to go into a foster home and have a break from kennel life. Can you help him? Are you able to adopt him?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 11:03 PM
What an engaging little lad. Very cute. Hope he gets a home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Tiggie was in a bit of a tiz in his kennel!

His best worried look

I am not sure how he managed this, but he is actually standing still...

much happier after a lovely walk in the sunshine!

Tiggie would really like a break from kennel life in a warm foster home. If you are able to foster Tiggie please get in touch by completing our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Tiggie please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle”.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Tiggie was so raring to be off, off and away. Made it through the kennel block just a tad excitable in front of the other dogs kennels and then into PEACE...the winter wonderland...

He was amused by Judy

Tiggie is currently in boarding kennels and would really love to chillax in a foster home until his forever home comes along. If you think you could foster Tiggie then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online via our website.

If you are interested in re-homing Tiggie please complete our homing questionnaire online, also via our website, so that we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I decided to push away my keyboard, arm myself with my camera and go down to the kennels between Xmas & New Year. Tiggie was out and about and the welcoming committee when we arrived!

My first time to meet him and just loved the little red wrinkles on his head - gorgeous little terrier ...

Forgive my appearance, but it drizzled non-stop that day. We all arrived looking like super models (some did!) and left looking like something the cat dragged in (I did)! But our dogs look glam all weathers and it's all about them ...

Despite the weather Nina & I must have found something funny cos even Tiggie joined in and had a laugh ...

It has to be said that this little boy is just too darn cute for his own paws!

Tiggie is currently in boarding kennels and would really love to chillax in a foster home until his forever home comes along. If you think you could foster Tiggie then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Tiggie please complete our homing questionnaire so that we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh has he still not found someone. Goodness knows why, he's wonderful. If I knew he and Dougal would get on...he's lovely and would be a wonderful running companion.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:12 PM
What a cute sit ...

Tiggie is still waiting patiently in boarding kennels and would really love a foster home until his forever home comes along. If you think you could foster Tiggie then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Tiggie please complete our homing questionnaire so that we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-09-2012, 08:35 PM
This dog has found their forever home!
Closed Thread