Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Airsofting pictures *heavy*

I thought I'd share some pictures from various days of airsofting.

There is no sports thread so I didnt know where else to put it

Thats my other half with the bit of green on the mask

I'm not allowed in the castle as me or my camera are more than likely to be hit a lot - so any from inside are what I got some players to take

I got shot a lot in this picture

The hippy looking person in the blue coat - he's expecting his first child

I'm in this one - in the hi vis!

This last picture is an edit - the man in it, hit me with my own shoes at a weekender we went on - all because I stole his place in the old barn

Thanks for looking
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry to be dumb, but whats 'airsofting'?!

Looks great fun though!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I've never heard of it either...... but here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Looks like you had a great time!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Looks great! I've been paintballing at that place and LOVED IT!!!! Was amazing fun!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Looks great! I've been paintballing at that place and LOVED IT!!!! Was amazing fun!
What at Skirmish?

That's where the "woodland" site is based at the moment, the owners are hoping to get a site called Wellbeck - it's a giant ex army training base and we also have a CQB - for those who enjoy being shot at close range - lets just say I wont be photographing there any time soon

Airsofting is like paintball, more or less the same pain rating - if not less and cheaper than paintball, at Phoenix we do army type games with challenges and targets - and if it's someone birthday they have to stand against a wall and get shot by everyone there - I'm joking they dont have to but I wouldnt tell the marshalls it's your birthday

I'm their unoffical photographer ( meaning I go down when we can be bothered to and I dont get paid) so it's not too much fun for me - I sit in brambles/mud/bushes/heather - just to take great pictures of people close up - these ones are from a few places and were back in my earlier days of photographing before I got brave enough to get shot
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes at skirmish.
There were people doing airsofting while we were there.
I was told it was more painful as you use metal to shoot with?
The airsofting people all looked very serious and they had all their own kit.

We went in a small group and were put with two stag groups.
In the last game we were put in a long line and the two stags and the two best men had to run backwards and forwards in front of us!! Bet they had a few bruises
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Yes at skirmish.
There were people doing airsofting while we were there.
I was told it was more painful as you use metal to shoot with?
The airsofting people all looked very serious and they had all their own kit.

We went in a small group and were put with two stag groups.
In the last game we were put in a long line and the two stags and the two best men had to run backwards and forwards in front of us!! Bet they had a few bruises
Wow, so close and we didnt even know about it lol.
We use the plastic ones like the ones you get at teh market for toys guns but they're heavy weighted BB's so you can feel them hit you, only the experienced members can use the metal ones - they tend to be snipers.
Heavy enough to feel, light enough not to hurt - is what they say.

We do have a few bruises, nothing major, I have a prickled bum a lot from sitting in brambles. I had frozen fingers and toes when we went for the santa shoot last year - we got to "rinse" Santa (basically just turn a whole mag on him - 60 of us)
My OH used his KA98 rifle which he's allowed to use at long range, and he judged the distance and shot but as he shot the man moved closer and had to go to hospital to have the BB removed from his forehead. But that was just a one off. And it was nothing serious! Dont want to put anyone off from going. LOL. We've had men go airsofting in their boxers - crazy people, interesting day though

I would say that now you've tried paintballing go in for airsofting we need more girls playing and showing the men that they're rubbish (no offence )