View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Abusive drunk on our walk on Saturday evening.

On Saturday evening we went for a walk around the local dams/park. I'm currently looking after my work colleague's Shih Tzu whilst she is on holiday, so I had him with me as well as my two.

As we approached a corner of the park, drunk appeared - I could smell him from about 4 metres away, he was absolutely reeking of booze, it was disgusting!

I just ignored him and carried on with my walk, when he started shouting abuse at me, really aggressively and constant.

He continually told me my dogs were "effing rotten" and that I should "tie the ugly b*stards to the lamppost and electrocute them". I was told I should "throw them in the dams and kill them" or "hit them with a television screen".
He shouted at the ducks and swans as well. Shame he didn't fall in to the dam, eh! It was when he said "I'll see you at the other end of the dam!" that concerned me most, just in case he attempted to do anything. Not that he was particularly capable of doing much, right enough. That was when I decided to phone the Police.

He kept on shouting things such as the above for quite a while from across the dam (it isn't a massive dam like some).

He told me that he was going to get his Huskies out and get them to kill my dogs. My thoughts were "as if he's got Huskies, he's struggling to keep himself upright, let alone handle anything else". I guessed he would probably be known to the Police for being in such a state, probably regularly.

I then met a guy who wondered what all the shouting was about! I'm sure he was gay and he was a really lovely guy who made sure I phoned the police!

The Police came (which I'm surprised at) and picked him up. They phoned to tell me they'd put him in the cells and were going to charge him for breach of the peace and being drunk and incapable.

He'll likely get a fine or something and let off, but I'm glad I phoned the Police. God knows who else he might've abused in his stagger around, it couldn've been kids or an old person who could be much more worried than I was.

It was like something out of a soap! Not sure I should be so surprised though, given this town.
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry you had to go through that, must of been awful. I'm glad your OK and that the police actually did something too, because as you said it could of been even worse depending on who he came across.

How nice of a person to come out and check cause of the noise, sadly you don't come across many that would do that these days.

Take care and fingers crossed you wont come across him again.

Rose x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 08:30 PM
What a horrible experience for you, stupid fool. Well done on phoning the police, glad they carted him off.xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Sounds awful Nic, glad the police took him away, hope you never see him again xxx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 08:51 PM
How scarey-glad you were safe.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 09:35 PM
oh, thats awful! i would be terrified! glad you and the dogs are all ok.