Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 05:17 AM

Grandpa 102 today

Another year has come round and today my grandpa celebrates his 102nd birthday

Sadly I am working for most of the day so am hoping to get to see him after work, and all being well we are going out for a family meal on Friday.

He is not as able as he was last year so birthday pressies were hard to be original with. I had set up a visit to a nearvy racing stables (Lucinda Russels Yard) but sadly he is not fit enough for that So I got him a book about the history of his surname, I also, thanks to my friend who works in the city archives, got him a photocopy of the local paper on the day he was born (as its only a local paper, but 1 he has read for as long as I can remember its not on microfiche or anything so she actually had the original paper from his birthdate in her hands and photocopied it for me) a small bottle of champagne, photocopied pages from the citys 1908 yearbook (again courtesy of my friend) I am getting him a cake with racehorses made for the meal on friday and got him a dvd about d-day (he loves all that)

I had hoped to have managed to get a family tree done and printed off but gee its hard work and time consuming and expensive...have been on that Scotlands people website for what seems like ever have spent over £50 and still only managed to go back 4 generations for him and 5 for his late wife. Wanted to do 7 so that might be a christmas pressie

Wonder if he is one of Dogseys oldest grandpas?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 05:41 AM
That is just fantastic Lynne - many congratulations to your Granddad!

x0x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Wow!!!! A very Happy Birthday to your Granpa! I hope he has a wonderful day!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Wow - Many Happy Returns Grandpa !

Not sure about 'one of' - I would be very surprised if he's not the oldest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Happy Birthday Granddad.

I am sure he must be the oldest Granddad on here possibly like Phil says the oldest relative of any of us.

Have a lovely day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Happy birthday to your grandpa, I hope he enjoys his day.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Congratulations to your grandpa

I'm sure he will love his presents Lynne, it is clear that an awful lot of thought and effort has gone into them
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 07:50 AM
I remember wishing him a happy 101! Nice to know I can do it again a year later.

Happy Birthday chap xx
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Wow, what an amazing age to celebrate! Happy birtdhday to your grandpa, I hope he has a great day. x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys, just back from visiting and will post the pcs later. He has had a wonderful day with a steady stream of visitors, presents and beer!! As we left he was just going to cook his tea - steak veg and mashed potato (we offered to prepare it and cook it and he was having none of it!!! - us preparing or cooking that is as he was obviously having all of the tea!!!)

We are all going out for a meal on Friday night

Just so proud of him and although he has the internet (self taught at 95!!) I doubt he will look up Dogsey but if he does - Love you loads Grandpa x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >