Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:01 AM

Does anyone else's dog drink tea?

Just wondering as Rolo loves tea, when she was a puppy our breeder had her hands full with so many pups she would leave tea on the side and Rolo would dive in and drink the rest. Ever since we got her whenever she hear's the kettle go on she is stuck to you like glue, and is in heaven if you but the last bit from your mug in her bowl.

Anybody else have a tea mad dog?
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes, Indie loves the bit left over in my cup from my first cuppa on a morning, she starts stamping her feet when I am getting close to the bottom, she can tell every time that I've nearly finished!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I've never tried, I'd be worried about the caffeine effect on Tilly! but my parent's dog has a saucer of cafe latte every afternoon when they have theirs and a biscuit!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:13 AM
yes, all of mine are partial to tea. In fact Shamus has been known to help himself, so we have to warn visitors.
I had an elderly foster GSD once who insisted on tea and biscuits at 8pm every night. We took her on holiday to Cornwall once and bought her her very own Cream Tea, much to the amusement of fellow diners.
And my first GSD`s favourite was tea and well-dipped Ginger biscuits. .
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Yes all of mine will dive into your mug if left unguarded!! A birthday treat is a small saucer of tea for them...
sarah0126
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
but my parent's dog has a saucer of cafe latte every afternoon when they have theirs and a biscuit!
a cafe latte!! Next they will be down to starbucks!
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Joe loves tea, every now and again he'll get a bowl of tea, especially after a long walk in winter
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Haha, didn't realise so many dogs liked tea! We've never given it to Jet, but my Nan's dogs all had a cup of tea and toast every morning!!
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I've never tried, I'd be worried about the caffeine effect on Tilly! but my parent's dog has a saucer of cafe latte every afternoon when they have theirs and a biscuit!
...Decaff?
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes Wilma's a tea & coffee addict too. Especially if i take a thermos out on walks ~ she has her very own cup & I always calculate the quantity as e.g. 3 people + Wilma!

Luckily she's never helped herself though & as my mother & husband are tea mad, this is quite a result
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >