Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Ruby has a poorly tummy

on sat night i gave ruby her tea and she wasnt too keen to eat it, i thought she was sulking as i had unexpectedly been out at lot longer than i had planned so she was on her own all day, so too give her a treat for being so good i gave her some sardines with it which she has had before, she still didnt seem to keen but with some encouragment she ate it, she then spent most of the night asleep, on sunday morning i put her breakfast down for her and she didnt want it left it day for quite a while and she just wasnt interested, she was also a bit whiney so i left the door to the garden open incase she wanted to go for a wee and went get ready for our walk when i hear her being sick, she brought up what looked like yellow bile with grass in, when we went for our walk her poo wasnt quite diarrohea but wasnt solid like normal so i have starved her all of yesterday and have so far today not given her anything as this mornings poo was liquid,
my mum is going to get me some kaolin pediactric and glucose from the chemist next to her work but how long should i keep her starved for i feel so mean eating when i no she must be getting hungry but i dont want to feed her too quick and end up having starve her again
Hazel Jones
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2010, 08:47 AM
How is Ruby now ? if no better I would definately suggest a visist to the vet. It may also interest you to read my post on Furum 'sick setter- any ideas'
Hope all goes well, may just be a bug or a bit of gastro enteritis.
Hazel
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hazel Jones View Post
How is Ruby now ? if no better I would definately suggest a visist to the vet. It may also interest you to read my post on Furum 'sick setter- any ideas'
Hope all goes well, may just be a bug or a bit of gastro enteritis.
Hazel
hi thanks for asking
ruby seems ok she hasnt been sick again or passed any diarrahoea but then again she hasnt had any food since sat night, we have given her some kaolin for children last night and this morning and this morning i cooked her some rice and she has had two small amounts of this and so far so good think ill keep her on the rice tommorow as well with some tuna mixed in and then added her normal biscuits in from tommorow night if everything is going ok