Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xxkayaixx
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:20 PM

Help i need a answer!

i have a 6 year old staffy named kayai, i am thinking off getting a new staffy pup male one, kayai not very good with dogs but likes puppy, was woundering if anyone could help do i get one or dont i, i can get a 10 week old one male, just really want to know if its a good move or wrong one, i would love one but dont want to upset kayai, thank you if someone could help
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:45 PM
I personally don't think it's a good idea with a dog that isn't completely dog friendly
How do you think Kayai would react once the pup reaches maturity?
xxkayaixx
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2010, 08:53 PM
i was thinking after they have been together awhile they would be fine, and get on, just wanted to see if anyone else has done this,
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Perhaps have a read of this thread,
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...fords+together

Also if you do bring in another SBT,it's parents should be tested for L2-HGA,HC, and be screened for PHPV and PPSC.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Is the stafford you have male.

What will you do if the dog you have now does not except the pup. Especially when the male pup starts getting his adult hormones at around 10 months
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I have a dog that used to be very fear reactive to strange dogs. She is much better now but I would worry that although she gets on very well with puppies that the puppy might pick up her fear and copy her behaviour. It would be too much for me to walk them separately, even just to begin with. You wouldn't want to end up with 2 dogs that are not good with other dogs.
xxkayaixx
New Member!
Female 

12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
thank you all, i did bring the puppy round just to see, and kayai did not like him, so am not going up upset her and would hate to come home one day and something had happened so am not going to buy him, i'll enjoy my lil girl kayai on here own, she my baby and never want to upset her x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 06:46 PM
A very sensible choice. If only all dog owbners were like that.