Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Annoyingggg People!!

Well i get this most days and it REALLY annoys me!

Everytime i take the dogs out someone asks "Are you selling them?" i say no and the worst of it is they see me with them everyday etc and always ask grrr why would i be walking round etc. with a dog im selling.

After saying no. I'll give u and then they say a price for them. I say no im not selling them. They don't stop keep going on and on one man offered us £3000 for both of the pups, if they wanted one that bad im sure they could go and get one of their own!

THENNN

They try and get smart. Oh there Akitas. No there Huskys. Oh Alaskan Huskys. No their Siberian Huskys. Whatever same thing. Errrmm Actually No.

And one man tried to tell me i didn't have a husky. He was something else! How does he know he doesn't have a clue!! I am very good friends with the breeder of our pups and know full well they are full bred!

Then comes ohh you do know they malt don't you. Yes i do. Yeh like a lot. Yeh we know that so does our german shepherd cross, we are very aware of this have owned dogs all our life mind your own business!!

And then they try and say ohhh their wolf/snow dogs they are violent they will bite etc. you can never have other dogs etc. near them. Well actually we have our other dog with them all the time soooo yes we can

Sorry to go on people but im just really annoyed with some people out there!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Youre not alone, folk will ask what our two are -
"Boxers" we reply
"Oh, didnt know you could get white Boxers, rare aint they"
"No, 25% of all Boxer puppies born are white"
"Well how come you dont see them more often then"

You tell them the history of the breed and white Boxers are not acceptable for showing etc

Then there are those who come off with

"Are they blind"
"Are they deaf"

"No, they can see and hear as perfectly as any coloured Boxer"

Their trump card/........

"Well theyre all unhealthy, dont live long and are nasty"

When you ask them what they base the info on most cant explain what they are saying only that "I heard it said" or they base if on one individual dog they knew of or knew ...

One of these days I am going to smile sweetly and say

"Oh, they are *Icelandic Boxers* bred in Iceland for the white coats which matches the terrain over there - wicked
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Youre not alone, folk will ask what our two are -
"Boxers" we reply
"Oh, didnt know you could get white Boxers, rare aint they"
"No, 25% of all Boxer puppies born are white"
"Well how come you dont see them more often then"

You tell them the history of the breed and white Boxers are not acceptable for showing etc

Then there are those who come off with

"Are they blind"
"Are they deaf"

"No, they can see and hear as perfectly as any coloured Boxer"

Their trump card/........

"Well theyre all unhealthy, dont live long and are nasty"

When you ask them what they base the info on most cant explain what they are saying only that "I heard it said" or they base if on one individual dog they knew of or knew ...

One of these days I am going to smile sweetly and say

"Oh, they are *Icelandic Boxers* bred in Iceland for the white coats which matches the terrain over there - wicked

Ahh they think they know everything just put their view forward without actually knowing any facts or anything about the breed.
Don't know why some of them bother even saying anything to be honest!
Nanuq
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
This is what I had this morning and unfortunatley get a lot.

Ooo what a lovely dog, is it a Husky?
An Alaskan Malamute.
A what? Looks like a Husky to me. Is it a cross?
Nope, as I said an Alaskan Malamute.
Bet that set you back a few quid. Do you breed it?
Nope
Why not you could make a fortune?
I didn't buy her to breed, she is a pet and has been nutered.
What a waste.

I smiled nicely and walked off muttering Kn0b under my breath.

painter24
New Member!
Male 

09-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Totally sympathise with you. I used to own a Patterdale, had her for 14 years, sweet girl. When I used to walk her, there was one guy, (obviously into ratting and rabbiting) who everytime he saw me asked if he could buy her. Obviously, I declined and explained she was a family pet, and not a working dog. He was persistent though, so I told him she had mental health issues from before we rescued her, and her issues were caused by her previous owner who worked dogs(pure fabrication of course, we did rescue her but she was absolutely fine and grew up at a shelter with about 6 kittens), I then told him to ****off just to get the message across nice and subtle like
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 12:50 PM
People keep asking if were going to breed ours too grrr i have no intention to breed him and neither does my mum with Chance we brought them for family pets!

Sad, sad people. I think i need to tell them not so nicely next time lol trying to be polite find it so hard with alot of people around here espicially when they start like this!

Glad others feel the same though well not glad because iknow how annoyinnngg it is but you know what i mean lol
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Here's my Italian Silver Labrador

Ok, ok, so she's just a pale chocolate REALLY...

I used to be stalked by a guy who'd bought a black Labrador, bargain pedigree without papers, bitch had had too many litters to register them all, and this guy was adamant he wanted me to use his dog on my girl Thank goodness I've moved!!! There are some right numpties out there unfortunately, just ignore them
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Here's my Italian Silver Labrador

Ok, ok, so she's just a pale chocolate REALLY...

I used to be stalked by a guy who'd bought a black Labrador, bargain pedigree without papers, bitch had had too many litters to register them all, and this guy was adamant he wanted me to use his dog on my girl Thank goodness I've moved!!! There are some right numpties out there unfortunately, just ignore them
IM IN LOVEEEE!!
OH MYYYY GOD WHAT A BEAUTY
Yeh sadly there seems to be getting more of em about they usually avoid us when we have bear there but he doesn't come on the puppy walks anymore because he has a bad leg gets too excited and he makes it worse but hes good on walks by hiself sad really.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I had someone ask me what Casper is (the white seems to throw lots of people off - had someone say he was a husky once ) so I said he was a German Shepherd, and they replied, "Oh yeah, the ones with short hair are Alsatians"
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I had someone ask me what Casper is (the white seems to throw lots of people off - had someone say he was a husky once ) so I said he was a German Shepherd, and they replied, "Oh yeah, the ones with short hair are Alsatians"
Ahhh i love white ones a friend of mine has one up the road hes gorgeous, and a girl who lives the other side has a white husky and they do look alike. But to be honest i think the husky isn't full bred she looks strange but the girl got her for free off a random person so can't be sure really what she is at all shes very unique looking.

But yeah some people have no idea its funny really they should just keep quiet. Love that name Casper hehe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >