Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Not Green Morris dancers!!!

On the weekend their was some festival round where I lived, which was a 'family' festival, on Saturday the centre of town was a host to different morris dancer groups around the country, I had half an hour to spare, so I thought that I would go down with the dogs and have a look, well it is on my doorstep so why not.

When we were there Diesel turned into a right tart, standing there, eyeing up anyone who looks weak willed, with a sad look on his face, and a slow wagging tail, once he had picked out his victims, the family right next to us, he waited for one of them to look at him, and went over for a cuddle, and they obleiged, he then looked at me, and then fell asleep while getting strokes by the family what can I say though, thats Diesel, a tart to all, whether human or animal. Honey was standing next to me, watching the people dance, and was quite happy, then suddenly the people changed, and some dancers dressed in green, with a green face came out to dance , good God, that was it, for Honey it was time to try and get away (now this is a dog who has raced motorbikes, and quads, use to the noises of kids, met sheep, cattle, horses and Donkeys, has been around off road 4X4's, and has had the joy of a red arrow joining us on a walk before, all of them no problem, but strange people dressed in green and bells ) all I can say was it was a good job the lead was on, as otherwise I think I would of lost her, she went as far as the lead would allow, and as fast as she could, and stood back eyeing up the strange humans, and making up her mind before deciding that these strange beings were not dangerous, and come back a bit closer, and after wards having a bit of ostrich meat made up for the scare.

Funny thing was, we saw at least five groups of dancers, one of them dressed in orange and black, with their face painted up like tigers, no problem, but as soon as the ones in green came out it was suddenly very scary for a certain doggy.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Awww, bless!

It's odd what they get scared of isn't it? Mind you - can't say I blame her with the Morris Dancers, I find them a bit odd too!!