Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 06:47 PM

Jimmi keeps being sick

This is most unlike Jimmi, in fact it is the first time he has been sick since we got him eight months or so ago.

Last night at some point he brought up three puddles of yellow bile; I was not unduly worried because he was his normal bouncy self this morning and was ravenous for his breakfast. He came into our bedroom as is normal for a half hour snooze on our bed whilst we had our coffee. He lasted a few minutes then jumped off and rushed outside (tail up and not seemingly distressed), and eventually I followed him as he didn't reappear, and found him eating copious amounts of grass. In due course he brought up his breakfast. I found last night's poop in the garden, and it was absolutely fine.

He seemed to be okay after that, although later in the morning I noticed that he appeared a little restless. We went for our usual walk at lunchtime and he was completely normal and happy and produced another perfect poop. We came home and he had his lunchtime fishstick.

Twenty minutes later, he rushed outside and started stuffing grass again.......loads and loads of it.........until eventually he brought it all up along with his fishstick. He came back in but seemed uncomfortable because he couldn't settle for his usual nap. I was on the point of ringing the vet for an appointment, when he dropped off to sleep and stayed flat out until teatime.

I was in two minds whether to feed him or not, but he was so lively and keen to eat that I compromised and gave him a small amount. He has slept ever since (catching up on lost time) and seems fine in himself.

I am at a complete loss here - I can think of nothing that might have caused this, in fact the last two days have been unusual only because Jimmi has found nothing to scavenge on our walks!! The only two possibilities that I know of are:

tomatoes.........we have a huge crop of tumblers and some occasionally fall to the floor. I know that he eats them because I have seen the skins in his poop.

berries from shrubs..........I don't know if he eats them, but they are there now in abundance.

Any thoughts please.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 08:07 PM
No thoughts, sorry.

If he's still the same tomorrow, I would be up the vets......

Hope he's ok x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 08:38 PM
So far so good tonight...his small dinner has stayed down and he has not been eating grass.

Obviously if he goes wrong again he will be straight to the vet tomorrow.