Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2010, 03:47 PM

Changing puppy's food

Hi everyone,

Colin is a 4 1/2 month old mini schnauzer.

He came to us from the breeder being fed puppy iams. I read some not very nice stuff about Iams but didnt want to risk changing it when he was still very little. To be honest he didnt seem all that impressed with it either!

He's recently had a poorly tummy- quiet bad diarrohea.
that seems to have settled down so now Im going to start introducing a new food.

First off, Ive bought James Wellbeloved - fish and rice. Anyone have any experience with this? It reads well for a dry complete food so hope its ok.

Also is it just a case of mixing a small amount with his existing food and upping the amount day by day until he;s completely on the new stuff?

thanks guys xx
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Just change him over really gradually over the course of a week or so. If you still have quite a lot of Iams left you can make it even more gradual.
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2010, 06:06 PM
We moved from Science Plan to JWB when they were 7 months so we used the junior food.
Science Plan didn't agree with them and within a week of changing they were so much more settled and they're coats were so glossy!
We took our time changing over and did it over about 10 days.
Theyre on the fish and rice adult food now and love it! It is a bit stinky though!
Good luck
Loopylouc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by katandcolin View Post
Hi everyone,

Colin is a 4 1/2 month old mini schnauzer.

He came to us from the breeder being fed puppy iams. I read some not very nice stuff about Iams but didnt want to risk changing it when he was still very little.
Sorry to butt in your thread, but what have you heard about puppy Iams? I bought that for my new puppy, have I done the wrong thing? I thought paying for more expensive one would be better.