Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 02:42 PM

Work dilemma help needed!

I have been emailed about a job i applied for on monday, i only applied on the off chance as i dont think i have enough experience in what they want. Anyway they have requested i go in for an interview.

The problem i have is they want me in at 10am on 7th sept which means i would have to use a days hoilday for this. I dont have many days left so i am reluctant to waste a day off. Re reading the specs of what they want i really dont think i have much of a chance of getting the job but you never know! I dont know what to do about it . . . .

Any advise welcome!
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Take the day off and be a little more postive. If you want something badly enough you can get any job you want. I've found in rescent years it's been more about how confident and honest I've been, rather than how much experience I have. Go for it, the things you regret in life are always the things you didn't do.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 03:04 PM
They would not have offered you the interview if they did not think you had the relevant experience.

They are willing to put together an interview panel and use time to interview you so they must be interested.

Even if you decide not to accept you will have gained interview experience and explored a new possibility!

Go for it!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the input! I decided to give it a go but someone has the whole week booked off and my manager wont let me book it too. I cant really tell her why i need it either! I have from the 14th - 17th off though so i have emailed the company to see if we can arrange something else. Just have to wait and see now . . .
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Go for it!

I went through the exact same thing two years ago when i applied for my current job. I went to the first interview and initially got told i didn't get the job which i was gutted about but then they called back and said that they wanted me to go back for a second for the same position and if they still thought i didn't have enough experience for that position they would try to accommodate me somewhere else in the company but thankfully they gave me the original position.

If you think the company is somewhere you'd like to work then it is always worth going for an interview if offered as even if you don't get that job they may offer you something else or keep you on record for future.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 06:24 PM
As an employer I would rather have an enthusiastic, hard worker that I can train than someone with experience and a negative attitude.

Take the day off and go, otherwise you'll spend the rest of your life wondering "what if?"
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Pull a sickie

Heehee, no, seriously, go for it!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-08-2010, 06:33 PM
if you believe in yourself and your abilities then you will have a great chance of getting the job - the prospective employer obviously does otherwise they wouldn't have wasted their time booking you for an interview
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
As an employer I would rather have an enthusiastic, hard worker that I can train than someone with experience and a negative attitude.
absolutley couldn't agree more!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2010, 06:47 PM
You cant live life on what ifs so do it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >