Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Companion dog showing

We have been along to some companion dog shows in the last few weeks,our boy has done extremely well and been placed first 5 times and best in show once,he has the wow factor and many people comment about him,I love the fact hes a gorgeous boy and have really enjoyed being in the ring,unfortunately he isnt kc registered,both parents are but his dads papers had a block put on...I dont understand what this is and pretty much guess theres nothing I can do about it! What I would like to know is what other shows are open to us with Bolt not being kc registered......as Im new to this I dont know where to start,have looked on the net but have been left slightly confused,would really appreciate some help on this one, Thanks
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:42 PM
The block on the dad mean, his breeder put endorsments on him which actually means he should 'not' have been bred. Hope that helps.

with showing you can enter any show that the dog doesnt have to be registered for. So It means you can do all fun and companion shows, But wont be able to enter any pedigree/breed classes.
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The block on the dad mean, his breeder put endorsments on him which actually means he should 'not' have been bred. Hope that helps.

with showing you can enter any show that the dog doesnt have to be registered for. So It means you can do all fun and companion shows, But wont be able to enter any pedigree/breed classes.
oh! ok thanks for that! with the companion shows,some I have seen have mentioned about being registered for companion showing,does this mean kc registerd or a different kind of registering?!! thanks
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:52 PM
ooh Im not sure I have only ever shown at champion ship level, and at charity events. I would have thought It would mean KC registered only.
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
ooh Im not sure I have only ever shown at champion ship level, and at charity events. I would have thought It would mean KC registered only.
ok thanks,Im enjoying what we are doing but would have been nice to have gone to another level eventually!!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by bolty boy View Post
oh! ok thanks for that! with the companion shows,some I have seen have mentioned about being registered for companion showing,does this mean kc registerd or a different kind of registering?!! thanks
This should explain about companion dog club

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/companiondogclub
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
This should explain about companion dog club

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/companiondogclub
ooo thats interesting! thanks very much,will register with them
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Awe wow, well done, just guess it means you can keep on winning and winning! You can go to a show every week! See what you mean about wanting to take him a step further. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on the subject, sorry!

Even agricultural shows have dog shows in them you can enter...

I'm sure I speak for lots of people here, pwwwease can we see a picture of the hunk?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Awe wow, well done, just guess it means you can keep on winning and winning! You can go to a show every week! See what you mean about wanting to take him a step further. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on the subject, sorry!

Even agricultural shows have dog shows in them you can enter...

I'm sure I speak for lots of people here, pwwwease can we see a picture of the hunk?
Most of the agricultural county shows run their dog shows under kc rules for "local shows" (registered breed shows) ,
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Most of the agricultural county shows run their dog shows under kc rules for "local shows" (registered breed shows) ,
Oh I just meant the companion dog shows at such events, they're not usually registered are they? we've entered ours in a few over the years? And at gamer fayres too?

They often have a wonderful 'pairs' class
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >