Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 09:59 AM

Phantom pregnancy....

Poor Maggie is having a phantom pregnancy.....she is nesting, very sleepy and not eating as well as usual...she is not collecing teddys though...Had the vet check her over and she has some liquid med to take...

She is also booked in 13 th August to be spayed...which I am stressing about already
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 10:13 AM
as far as i know you are not meant to get a dog spayed while in phantom? And you have to wait till 3 months after her season? Just what ive been told and thats why our little totts hasnt been done yet. Poor little tyke its not a nice thing to see (phantom) totts used to cry continuosly while she was in phantom as well as everything else
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 10:49 AM
you could try Pulsatilla 15c from Dorwest Herbs. It's effective at balancing hormones during a phantom.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
as far as i know you are not meant to get a dog spayed while in phantom? And you have to wait till 3 months after her season? Just what ive been told and thats why our little totts hasnt been done yet. Poor little tyke its not a nice thing to see (phantom) totts used to cry continuosly while she was in phantom as well as everything else
Maggie finished her season in June, ...
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Maggie finished her season in June, ...
Dunno must depend on the vet.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 02:37 PM
oh bless.

China had a couple of these before being spayed.

We were told to wait 3-6 months after the phantom pregnancy to be spayed but she started her next season about a week before beinng due to be spayed so we had to wait again. This time we only waited two months as she suffered terribly and the vet didnt want to leave it too much longer.

She was so moody and upset looking and the aqueeky bone which normally wouldnt have lasted 5 mins was her "baby" and she carried it around with her everywhere!

We came home and found her nest - it contained:

Fire alarm (it had been taken down whilst decorating)
My Shoe
OH's keys
Roll of bin bags
Blanket
Packet of mint chewing gum, untouched!

She's fine and happy now, but be prepared for her face when you pick her up...you will feel sooooo guilty....the next day she should be fine though!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Is it galastop she has been given pat? I had that for Breeze when she had her first phantom, worked quite quickly, she had a lot of milk. Livvy is coming to the end of her first season now, day 18.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:42 PM
ah poor girl. Tilly had a phantom 2 months after her 1st season & it was pitiful, carrying bits of rubber chicken around, nestling & whining all the time. She was spayed 2 weeks later.
Hope she's ok is she lactating too?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 05:56 AM
My old afghan used to get these regularly and I was too terrified to get her spayed due to her age

She suffered quite badly with them..... and I'm sorry I didn't pluck up the courage

Hope all goes well for the spay Pat

x0x0x
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Is it galastop she has been given pat? I had that for Breeze when she had her first phantom, worked quite quickly, she had a lot of milk. Livvy is coming to the end of her first season now, day 18.
Yes Dawn it is Galastop,must say she has been on it for 4 days and I can see a difference, she is much better.More her old self.....
It does not seem 5 mins ago Livvy was born, now she is a young lady...How old is she now Dawn???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >