Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thornesstaf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Kids!!!!!!!!!

Took the dogs for their usual walk on the local field, as we were walking round we saw that there were some kids (youngest 7ish, oldest 13ish!) riding motorcycles at high speeds around the field. Everytime they went past us they got that bit closer until they were less than a foot away from my dogs! I asked them politely if they wouldnt mind taking a wider berth around us as I would hate for them to have a collision with one of my dogs and for them to get hurt, cheeky little beggars just gave me a load of verbal abuse and spouted that they had permission to be there! I called their bluff when I got my mobile out and pretended to call the police, you should have seen the little ******s run! Roll on September!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Cheeky gets!!!!! I wouldnt have been able to resist knocking them off the bikes.....teach them a lesson!
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Urrrrgghhh! I'm sick of hearing and seeing the silly little bikes already, I'm glad I'm not alone.We have 3 huge empty fields behind the park in my village and the grass and edgings are a state from the bikes ripping up the turf.I get nervous when Scarlett is off lead in case they do the same and get too close and her harness gets caught

I've a good mind to report it where I live as I know for a fact they're not meant to be on the park.

Ooooh yes, roll on September in deed!

ETA - I do of course have her back on immediately if I hear one, but they can be so fast at times....
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 04:40 PM
You must beable to read my mind I'm getting sick of the kids around here.. Not really the same as your situation but every time I go into the garden to practise obedience with Blu they run over to the fence and start screaming for him to go over to them. Then when I start doing recalls they shout 'why has he to sit? why has he to wait?' blah blah..

I was just out with him using my £4 agility course and they come over to the fence and start watching. Now I don't mind them watching but I was teaching Blu to weave and they start throwing stones at him because he's listening to me and not them! The other month one threw a slab into the garden and it nearly hit his head.

Tried being nice to them and said you can watch him but don't call him while he's working and once he is done you can come talk to him.. Doesn't work. Tried ignoring them.. Doesn't work! Tried talking to their parents but would have been better talking to a brick wall. Got to the point my other neighbour says I can use their garden whenever I want but I feel bad using their garden..

Turned into a bit of a rant But yes roll on the schools going back!!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 04:49 PM
How awful,some kids just don't care,nor do their parents for that matter!

I went shopping with Lizzie into the city today and OMG the amount of kids running wild was unbelieveable They were pulling clothes off the shelves and hangers etc,while there mothers just carried on looking at stuff

Then you had loads throwing tantrums in the middle of the store, with Mothers telling them to shut the F up

Yep Roll on September

Mine go back on the 2nd this year,they have had a few days less this apparently because of the bad weather we had at the begining of the year.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I went shopping with Lizzie into the city today and OMG the amount of kids running wild was unbelieveable They were pulling clothes off the shelves and hangers etc,while there mothers just carried on looking at stuff

Then you had loads throwing tantrums in the middle of the store, with Mothers telling them to shut the F up
It's awful isn't it! First time I misbehaved I bit mums hand when I was in the trolley so to teach me a lesson mum done it back and I never done the likes of it again!

When the weather is nice lots of parents here sit in the garden getting drunk swearing away then the kids swear.. Well the parents act shocked that their kids know such language and tell them to 'shut the f up'
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I had a similar run in with a teenager on a mini motor bike last year one evening i came onto the field to walk Ted and there was a young lad going around on one i decided to carry on but kept ted on lead as he will chase them given the chance. Anyway this lad was showing off to these group of girls and was getting closer and closer to me and Ted in the end he got to close and Ted lunged for him i know i shouldn't let him but i was getting annoyed by then and it did stop him he stopped after that and waited for us to leave.

I also work in a library and have been dreading the summer holidays i just hope its nice and the parents take them outside the amount of parents who just allow there children to run riot it really winds me up that the parents seem to be oblivious to them running round and causing havoc
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 05:48 PM
My neighbours have 3 unruly children and she has just had a new baby with her new partner. Poor children never see their father and judging by the recycling box most of the parents' money goes on drink. My husband annoyed me as he lent them £20 last year as they said they had no food for the children. We never got it back. I would have given them a box of unopened foodstuffs but disagree with giving people money for food when they choose to spend their money on drinking and smoking and neglect their children.

They have someone visit with a Chihuahua and all the children are screaming and barking at it in the garden for ages. Wouldn't be happy if it was my dog.

I love my great-niece and great-nephew but they are well-behaved, pleasant children who it is a pleasure to be around.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2010, 06:32 PM
You know... The kids are simply a result of their upbringing... Sad as it is, many kids nowadays get no parental guidance and therefore no no manners.... I think it's a sign of the times.... I know one thing for certain... If I ever got a complaint about one of my children (they're now 10 and I would be so very embarassed, and my kids would get one heck of a telling off.... And every in my area knows I'm approachable.... My children know the rules and know what happens if they break them.... Simple parental guidance... Set the rules and your kids are happier... I feel sorry for kids who don't get this guidance and have to find everything out for themselves... Can't be nice growing up with angry strangers...
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Never really had a problem, where I live in Scotland, the only kids that are about, are with me! And they are dog savvy, and come with me to walk the dogs, because they want to play with them!

Mum has nearly run someone over on these mini bike things, they darted out from behind a bush straight into the road!

My Dad has alot of problems where he lives, the quickest way to get to the park with the dogs, is down a cutway, almost opposite his house. A few older school children choose to sit in the cutway, and we are all too worried for the dogs safety to take them down there, as we have seen the broken bottles etc down there when we walk the dogs early in a morning!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >