Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:37 PM

Long hair gsd owners

do you trim your dogs feet? i do, in between his toes and underneath between his pads. Just wondered if anyone else does really
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:00 PM
i dont trim anything unless it is a very tight knot i use a rake for most of him but on the delecate bits (ears, legs, tail, feet) i use a comb, seems to do the trick.

when i took him to the groomer she asked me if i wanted his bloomers trimmed i just told her the same nothing gets cut unless its difficult to get out, so glad i did as once he has had a good groom they look all lovely and fluffy for a few days where as when my mum got zara her bloomers were so badly matted that they needed to be cut and now it doesnt matter how much you groom them within minutes they never look fluffy

ok sorry about the last bit being a bit off topic
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:05 PM
No, I have never had to trim their feet hair. Neither of mine seem to have particularly hairy feet.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
No, I have never had to trim their feet hair. Neither of mine seem to have particularly hairy feet.
i wish i never started really, because now they grow back thicker and there seems to be more fur.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
i dont trim anything unless it is a very tight knot i use a rake for most of him but on the delecate bits (ears, legs, tail, feet) i use a comb, seems to do the trick.

when i took him to the groomer she asked me if i wanted his bloomers trimmed i just told her the same nothing gets cut unless its difficult to get out, so glad i did as once he has had a good groom they look all lovely and fluffy for a few days where as when my mum got zara her bloomers were so badly matted that they needed to be cut and now it doesnt matter how much you groom them within minutes they never look fluffy

ok sorry about the last bit being a bit off topic

i use a rake comb too. good for getting out the undercoat
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 03:01 PM
No. I love their fluffy feet.