Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2010, 10:47 AM

Sulin Maia - for those that know her

Maia has been in a lot of pain for the past few months, we have kept in in check with pain relief, but now, she doesn't want too go for walks anymore, although her feistyness shows through every now and then and we think, here is the old Maia, there are fewer days that she wants to go out and about.

Having just spoken with Maia's breeder, choking back the tears I have decided that we will get her through these next few weeks, so she can enjoy the summer sunshine, we can fill her last few weeks with love and fun and then we will say its time.

I can't watch her go through anymore pain, I can see in her face at times that she is tired, and I know deep down in my heart that what I must do, must be done out of love, and by keeping her with us like she is is just out of selfishness.

So this camping trip to Rendlesham will be her last, and we will make it special for her, then at the end of July we will let her go with love and dignity
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
So sorry to hear this, Natalie......

Enjoy the time you have left with your beautiful Maia...

Hugs honey x0x0x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 11:18 AM
That's so sad. I've followed her story for years, she's a special girl. I can only imagine how hard these next few weeks will be for you, enjoy every moment. She knows she's loved xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Sorry to hear this.

Have a lovely time with your girl
xxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear this, Natalie. I will keep you and beautiful Maia in my thoughts over the next few weeks and I hope you both enjoy your special camping trip.
Take care.
Hugs.
xxx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I am so sorry xxx A very noble and the ultimate loving decision made for your special girl.

Enjoy your time together, have a lovely camping trip filled with hugs and kisses xxxxxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm so very sorry. A painful decision made with love for your beautiful girl. Enjoy your time together. Hugs to you both. xxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I am so sorry hun, knowing you are losing them is never easy, its the most painful decision you have to make... Enjoy your camping trip together, thinking of you xxx
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 11:43 AM
What a great mum x
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't know you or Maia personally but think that you have made the hardest but kindest decision of her life. I am sure this holiday will be very hard at times, but making memories to treasure is the greatest accolade you can give to a beloved pet, especially dogs as they are so much a part of our lives. My thoughts are with you that the sun continues to shine for long enough for you both... thye are forecasting the next six weeks of this glorious sun if that helsp. Lots of love to you both xxx