Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Personally Recommended Breeders

Reading all the negative posts lately about breeders, what I would like to ask if its allowed that we have a thread of personally recommended breeders .. I just want happy customers from good breeders that do themselves and their breeds proud to tell us all about them ..
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Personally it could be like opening a can of worms.

A better thread would be wat to look for in a good breeder and how to chose the right breed for you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Personally it could be like opening a can of worms.

A better thread would be wat to look for in a good breeder and how to chose the right breed for you.
I agree, one mans meat is another's poison so to speak, and one mans account of a good breeder many not be the same as another's!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Where do people go to get help choosing a breeder .. ?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 12:22 PM
First port of call for me would be the breed club.

I would also check out the KC site for the list of health tests for the breed.

I would also go to a show and have a look at what the dogs that are considered show prospect look like.

You have to do your own research and cross check any information you get from different sources
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Where do people go to get help choosing a breeder .. ?
Its difficult, as said, bred clubs is your first port of call, but if you can get a recommendation, thats even better.

In our breed, there are some breeders who fulfill all requirements on paper for what is classed a good breeder,, health testing and so on, but would I go to them for a pup, not on your life, i have seen the way they treat their dogs and I would rather give my money to some one who actually loves their breed , not see it as a means to an end.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Its difficult, as said, bred clubs is your first port of call, but if you can get a recommendation, thats even better.

In our breed, there are some breeders who fulfill all requirements on paper for what is classed a good breeder,, health testing and so on, but would I go to them for a pup, not on your life, i have seen the way they treat their dogs and I would rather give my money to some one who actually loves their breed , not see it as a means to an end.
How does the laymen work out the difference , ??
To change the topic slightly have you been around boxers a long time ??
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
First port of call for me would be the breed club.

I would also check out the KC site for the list of health tests for the breed.

I would also go to a show and have a look at what the dogs that are considered show prospect look like.

You have to do your own research and cross check any information you get from different sources
Totally agree
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-06-2010, 09:25 PM
hi all i breed toy poodle's my dog's are like my children thay sleep in our bed run ring;s around us and we just love them to bit's i only breed them every second season the next time thay come in season will be october and i have 3 couples already wanting pupp's 1 couple has already bought 1 from me in december and want;s a little playmate for her all my dog's have all the relevent health check's and are eye clear if any one wanted 1 of my pupp's and was not very sure about me or my dog's i would not hesitate to give them the phone number's of all the people that has bought pupp's from me i love the breed and adore my dog;s im going on the k.c site and register as a breeder as that is were i found my little boy who is a gem
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2010, 09:28 PM
If i wasnt sure off some one i would tell them so and not sell them a pup, if they were not sure of me or my dogs, fine thats their choice and loss i wouldnt be asking other buyers to prove a point or anything like that, people look for different things in breeders!..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >