Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Warning about 'coachie' dog treats,

from the company of animals.

Please if you have any of this product check them over before giving them to your dogs. I use to love these, as the are small, made from natural products and are just easy to put in a bag and give them to dogs when you want to, and I've never had a problem with them. That was until the other day I was getting some treats out of the bag and one of them felt a bit funny, so I looked at it and there was a small amount of plastic sticking out of it, I then went through the whole bag, and counted 124 treats that had this plastic sticking out of it, the worse thing was that I had been giving these treats to Honey and Diesel, aswell as a few other dogs so I've no idea how many I have given out containing plasic before I noticed.

Needless to say that they will be getting a complaint from me, aswell as all of the treats.

I also took a few pics of two of the treats, I would of got more, but they are incredibly hard to photograph as they are so small, and most of the plastic is so embedded into the treats that there is only a little bit of plastic sticking out.

There was two different colours of plastic in the treats, white and black, I got a photo containing each colour.

If you look towards the middle of the treat you can see a small strand of white plastic.

This one however was the worst one, and the one that alerted me to it all as it felt very wierd getting it out of the bag.

The main problem I have with complaing though is that as soon as I get the treats I tip them into a bag from the company of animals and throw the tub away, so I have no idea what the batch number is which is a pain.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't use those treats, but just wanted to say that from your pictures those bits of plastic look downright dangerous, and thank goodness your dogs have not had any problems.

Batch number or not, the Company needs to look into this as a matter of urgency. I expect that they will be absolutely horrified.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Good grief! I occasionally use these but now I don't know if I'll buy them again!

Let us know how you get on with your complaint. It definitely should be thoroughly investigated as soon as possible!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Nasty,good job you noticed. luckily I don't use treats
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Well they've all been sent off, I'm wondering how far I will get with this, but I wont stop until I feel that its been dealt with properly I remember a while ago someone saying that their friend found glass in some coachies . I just can't believe it, I've never had a problem with these before.

YS, I don't normally use treats either, as I find that voice works better, but theres a few children who love giving the dogs treats for sits, paw etc, and I use to prefer these, I'm just glad that I was the one to find this, as I don't think that children would notice it, which could of potentially caused problems for H and D
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Well they've all been sent off, I'm wondering how far I will get with this, but I wont stop until I feel that its been dealt with properly I remember a while ago someone saying that their friend found glass in some coachies . I just can't believe it, I've never had a problem with these before.

YS, I don't normally use treats either, as I find that voice works better, but theres a few children who love giving the dogs treats for sits, paw etc, and I use to prefer these, I'm just glad that I was the one to find this, as I don't think that children would notice it, which could of potentially caused problems for H and D
Like you say hun good job, otherwise it could of been nasty.

Im just a meanie dog owner I don't give treats never have, I forget them when Im out anyway
I sometimes think my dogs must wonder why I don't carry nice things like our walking pals do
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Like you say hun good job, otherwise it could of been nasty.

Im just a meanie dog owner I don't give treats never have, I forget them when Im out anyway
I sometimes think my dogs must wonder why I don't carry nice things like our walking pals do
I have Honey, she doesn't need treats outside with all of the natures toys around, why have a treat when you can have a stone, or a chunk of mud
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I have Honey, she doesn't need treats outside with all of the natures toys around, why have a treat when you can have a stone, or a chunk of mud
these have a thrill for fox poo.......thats there threat to me YUK
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 10:55 PM
oh that is terrible! im glad i dont use them with jake... although, now with jakes allergies he very occassionally gets any treats now (much to his annoyance).