Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Experience of Water Births?

Hello all,

I would ask on baby sites but they all seem so biased ("oh its sooo wonderful" "I felt no pain whatsoever" blah blah etc) and i wanted to ask a group of people who had similar interests - you know...the whole great minds think alike theory!

Anyway, with 6 weeks to go im looking into a water birth as during aquanatal ive felt so comfy and supported in the water.

but after reading numerous testimonies on how apparently fab it is, i wanted some honest opinions!

So ladies, if you have had a water birth, what was it honestly like?

ta muchly

Alex
xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:09 PM
hey alex havent had one, but thought I would stick my twopenth in, it looks alright on tv etc, my cousin had alot of her labour in the water, and she did say at one point although she was high as a kite on gas and air, she realised she had lets say defacated in the water and that just made her instantly want out out out !!!! LOL

Its something i have also been thinking about so will see with interest what people say.....
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
she realised she had lets say defacated in the water and that just made her instantly want out out out !!!! LOL
Yeah, that bit bothers me whether in water or out of it to be honest.... Midwife has said they can erm...make sure that doesnt happen during labour....if you catch my drift....
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Yeah, that bit bothers me whether in water or out of it to be honest.... Midwife has said they can erm...make sure that doesnt happen during labour....if you catch my drift....
in labour they are very discreet about it, and if ur on a bed etc then you wont see it anyway - they dont say anything just change the mat thing- however in the water its slightly different !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I have two friends who both had them and they had very quick, uncomplicated births. (I hated them, after my emergency CS with Carys ). They both had two each, one having both of hers at home. The other one got into the pool/bath in the final stages, I think.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:36 PM
ta chucky! how you doing anyhow?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Okay ta. Only 30 weeks but I'm soooooo uncomfortable. I keep seeing little limbs and things rolling across my tummy.

How are you doing?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:41 PM
doing ok am 33 weeks on tuesday but just very uncomfortable! and tired!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Aw I know, try to get some naps in if you can. It helped me before but it's hard to do that now with Carys running around.
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I spent most of my labours in the bath, because apperntly when the pool was too big to fill..... Hmmmmm

Good luck with the birth if you do have a water one, and don't worry about the "accidents" it happens to most women
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >