View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 11:18 PM

A DOG died after overheating in a car near Bournemouth seafront.

When will people actually listen and learn about dogs in cars in hot weather. it's not rocket science ffs

A DOG died after overheating in a car near Bournemouth seafront.

The one-year-old male Pekinese, a type of toy dog that often has a long coat, died at around 11pm on Sunday.

It had been found in a Vauxhall Vectra with a window slightly open at 5.49pm. Dorset Police officers broke into the car to release it after being alerted by a member of the public.

The dog was then treated by staff from Black Dragon emergency vets, based at Moordown’s PDSA office.

Despite being given cold showers and an intravenous drip, it did not come round after reaching a body temperature of 44C. The typical body temp-erature would be just over 38C.

It was found in a car park on the West Cliff near the BIC.

The owner, a 23-year-old man from the Southampton area, has been arrested and interviewed.

Bournemouth’s RSPCA Inspector Graham Hammond, said: “Please don’t put your dogs in a car during hot weather.

“We will consider a prosecution against any offence under the Animal Welfare Act.”

Lia Cope, from Lynwood Vets on Wimborne Road, said: “If you have to park put the car in the shade, leave a window open and provide the dog with water.”

The temperature reached 23C in Bournemouth on Sunday but is expected to fall to around 15C by Wednesday.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...outh_seafront/
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Poor poor puppy............
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2010, 12:03 AM
It's awful, poor little Doglet. I cant believe how many people still do this, me and my husband were on our way to our friends caravan the other day and I needed to grab a couple of things from asda so hubby stayed at the car, let the dogs stretch their legs/have a drink etc. Just as I was walking through the car park I saw a couple with a trolley full of heaps of shopping open their boot to a poor working cocker who had obviously been left while they went round the shop. It was 23 degrees!!

Dee x
Laine
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:13 AM
these type of 'people'? shouldn't be allowed dogs. Surely its commense sense that if the weather is hot to you then its even hotter for a dog!!
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:19 AM
WHen are we going to get the message over to these 'braindead' owners!
Hot cars kill dogs!
Very sad to read of another wasted life! run free little dog!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2010, 06:29 AM
It just astounds me that people can be so stupid.

When will some people learn about the effects of the heat and cars on dogs.

Run free little dog.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:36 AM
This makes me so flipping mad!!! I took Lily on a 300 mile journey on Monday and this only happened because I used my parents car which has air conditioning and I knew I could get her out of the car every time I stopped. Lily and I had to leave the car for 5 minutes at one point, and despite leaving all 4 windows open it was absolutely suffocating when I returned. I got the air con working before I put her back in the car.

She didn't pant at all on the journey which told me I was looking after her properly!

Poor little Peke. Run free little fella, safe from pain.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Poor fur baby, RIP xxxx It will be inetresting to see if anything does happen to the owner.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-05-2010, 08:07 AM
They will probably be procecusted for causing unessicasary suffering and walk away with £100 fine!

A 'JOKE' of a punishment for causing such suffering imo!
DT
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 08:13 AM
I`m glad the RSPCA are talking about prosecution. The publicity will help deter other idiots, I hope.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >