View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
missnaomi
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:22 PM

HELP! Just exactly what is the policy on finding a dog....?

sorry...posted in wrong place!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Blimey, you really did your best didn't you, but that's the problem with any organisations nowdays, lack of communication IN their organisation

Anyhow, what I want to tell you is this. My current rescue dog was homeless due to his owner having died, and although she was a friend of a friend and we could have just "had him" so to speak, because she had left instructions that he was to go to the local Animal Welfare (The council one) Dog warden, then HE had to get involved. He told me that there was NO way I could just take him now, there was a procedure to go through, even though he was in fact homeless, he had no owner (she had died!), and that procedure was, that he was to go into a kennels (they use different kennels for temporarily rehoming their animals), but I could follow his progress, follow him to the kennels he would have to stay in for SEVEN days, I could even go up there and take him for a walk, but with the dog warden himself and my own dog, just to check that I would definitely be having him at the end of the SEVEN days. Oh it was all so very frustrating, the poor dog had been thrown into these kennels, put into different people's houses to be cared for whilst the owner was ill and then in hospital, and he didn't know where he was, but luckily, as soon as those 7 days were up, I got the go-ahead to go and pick him up, because we'd already done the walk with the dog warden and my dog at that time.

I wish you all the luck in the World, and if it's meant to be then it will, the puppy will be yours. I'm thinking anybody who ties a little puppy up with a bit of string out in the outskirts is probably not going to want it back are they? I'll keep everything crossed for you, but please let them get on with the job how they do things, just MAKE SURE they know you are going to adopt him as soon as that 7 days is up. Go there, phone them, pester the life out of them if you have to, but make sure you name is on him if he's NOT claimed ok! Good luck