21-05-2010, 12:31 PM

RSPCA issue warning after guide dog is savaged

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/81...ginattempt=yes

I always walk my dogs in Vale Park.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 01:06 PM
The off-lead staffy-with-a-prat was in the street, not a park. The dachsie had approached an on-lead dog and the owner (who I consider to be not at fault because her dog was under control) offered to pay vet bills.
The two cases are hardly the same.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Did i just read it wrong or did it say the guide dog wasnt harmed but just tried to beggar off?
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I found reading that report very confusing but as far as I can see the owner of the Weim did nothing wrong and the fact she has offered to pay for the vets bills is more than generous - her on lead dog was approached by an off lead dog that can't have been under control.
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
I found reading that report very confusing but as far as I can see the owner of the Weim did nothing wrong and the fact she has offered to pay for the vets bills is more than generous - her on lead dog was approached by an off lead dog that can't have been under control.
Totally agree.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Is just me that thinks the menace of out-of-control Staffys should be sorted?

I know its a very touchy subject and contraversal and there are many owners of lovely Staffys, but are they losing their place in society?

If there is one dog that stands the hairs up on my neck its a staffy that is heading my way when I have either of my dogs with me.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post

I know its a very touchy subject and contraversal and there are many owners of lovely Staffys, but are they losing their place in society?

If there is one dog that stands the hairs up on my neck its a staffy that is heading my way when I have either of my dogs with me.

Yeah, its probably just you.

As the rest of us, would rather see the menace of their idiot owners sorted. As they're the ones who create the problem.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:58 PM
That article was a bit, odd. It didn't make much sence to me.

I finished reading it, and thought some one was taking the p.

The thing that gets me though, is that when ever there is a storry about dogs attacking other dogs, they start going on about how many people were attacked etc, whats that got to do with the price of eggs.

Da and ha aren't linked.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post

I am afraid I have to agree from my experience with off-lead Staffys. The owners think it acceptable for their dog to come bombing up to Cherry very fast from the other side of the field when she is on-lead. As Cherry has been attacked before in a situation like this I will use my pet corrector spray to get them to back off but one time it took 6 sprays to get the dog to get back as it was repeatedly charging at her. The owner then has a go at me and says I shouldn't bring my dog out if it is scared of other dogs but no actually they are the ones who shouldn't bring their dogs out because they are so out-of-control. Cherry is blind in one eye and has very little sight in the other and is kept on a flexi-lead, she has 2 obedience trophies so I think I have the right to walk my dog without her being molested like this. We have also had a few Staffy attacks here in Norwich-the most recent one was a puppy at our training classes where it was bitten around the neck and very nervous as a result.

If I had a small dog like my Sister's Bichon Frise I would be concerned where I walked it but at least she has the option of picking her up whereas I can't do that with 2 dogs totalling 30KG!

I am grateful for the people nearby who have dog-aggressive Staffys but walk them leashed (we see them on the field I walk on in the mornings) but unfortunately these are in the minority. I guess this is not a popular comment but it is my experience and other people's too.
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I agree that it is a confusing report. I've read it through a couple of times and it seems to me that there was a guide dog with the blind boyfriend of the daxie owner. The daxie was attacked by a staffie and the guide dog tried to run but wasn't attacked by the staffie and was unhurt. The other guide dog is the one that was bitten by the weim on the lead who's owner has offered to pay the vet bills.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >