Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jukesgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2010, 01:36 PM

What type of collar?

Hi,

i was wondering if you could give me some advice ...

I know that my dog has to wear a collar with ID when he is outside the house but the collar that came with my dog (he is adopted) rubs the fur off his neck, not only does it obviously look awful but when the fur grows back he scratches more which just exacerbates the problem.

I probably wouldn't keep his collar on when he is in the house or garden because there is no need but i was wondering if there is a type of collar that reduces this rubbing so that he wont always be losing fur?

thanks for any advice.

Sam
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Bentley has an Ezydog collar, cost about £13. It's really soft and much more comfy than his previous collar. I got it from justdogs (dot com or uk?) I also got it in camo so he can be like his daddy
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
The rolled leather ones don't generally leave a mark on the neck or rub the fur.

I use plastic collars for mine, but take them off in the house. They only use them for walks, so not enough time to make a mark on their neck fur.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
we just got a ruffwear doubleback collar for Toby. It's a very soft flexible webbing
Jukesgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for all the advice - this website really is great and filled with wonderful people!

Now it is all about choosing what colour ... Ruffus seems confused when i ask which he prefers so i assume it is all down to me!

Sam
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Which collar type have you settled on?

The one we got only came in 3 colours so that was easy!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Ruby and Dyson have the esycollars too which we got from Jolleys Pet Store and as already said they are nicely padded; made of Neoprene so if like our 2 the dog goes in water alot they dry quickly; are machine washable and really strong.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-05-2010, 09:27 AM
we have a ferplast one, it is very comfortable (not that i have worn one), it does not have a buckle but works on a sliding principle on each side of the neck, it is really good if like me and you the collar comes off in the house or garden as it basically slides off. Just googled it and it is called ferplast ergocomfort as i do not think links are allowed on here.
We have the harness and the collar, the harness if for when we take them jogging.
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Jukesgirl View Post
Thanks for all the advice - this website really is great and filled with wonderful people!

Now it is all about choosing what colour ... Ruffus seems confused when i ask which he prefers so i assume it is all down to me!

Sam
What you going for then???
Jukesgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I think i might try the Ezy dog one - red me thinks - but his harness is blue - i hope they don't clash" :P

I normally take it off him when we get back to the house but tonight he escaped i think from the garden ... or got stuck behind the potting shed so i dont really want him to be without a collar and tag now just incase!

Good god it sounds like i am a terrible dog owner with all these issues i have! honest i am not as bad as i sound!

Sam