Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Forest & Moorland (GSDs and BCs)

Went for a walk on the neighbouring estate to ours this morning. Strangely it was lovely and sunny at home, but overcast on the walk (which is only about 4 or 5 miles away!).

Saw a hill fox the day before but had no camera (typical) but today took the camera and saw ... zilch! Well, two roe deer but wasn't quite quick enough to get them on film.

Here are the dogs anyway

akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Beautiful pictures!

In the 3rd picture down aren't your doggies good not legging it over the fence and running down the field to chase the sheep! Mine both would definately need to be firmly on lead at that point!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Beautiful pictures!

In the 3rd picture down aren't your doggies good not legging it over the fence and running down the field to chase the sheep! Mine both would definately need to be firmly on lead at that point!
Well two of my collies are part-time workers and my GSDs would be in SERIOUS trouble if they even thought about it (although my young shepherd can still give me moments of worry at times with sheep )!

If you move up, it would be the ideal time to try to dissuade your dogs from chasing sheep
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
If you move up, it would be the ideal time to try to dissuade your dogs from chasing sheep
Yeah, definately! They are a lot better, tbh the female wouln't chase i don't think, she would just chase my male But Zeke has gone from frothing at the mouth near them and prancing about when we first got him to loose lead walking through fields of them now, he's great when we're near them when we stay in Scotland, he knows he's not allowed to even look at them whilst he's walking by my side or he gets a growl from me, which he just hates poor thing Still would never trust him off lead around them
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Oh Kirsty, that looks a lovely walk! Makes me miss home all the more!!

I love seeing Yogi and Flame, as gorgeous as ever! I think I should maybes get a GSD, and gundog train it for shoot days!!

Hopefully, when I come back up, I will be driving and have some sort of car, so we will have to meet up and you can show me some nice places to walk!

xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Fabulous photos I could see my lot enjoying that
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Great photos - love the group shot in particular

Flame is looking great (though quite grey now!)
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2010, 10:06 PM
The dogs look lovely and the views, just beautiful xxxx Thanks for sharing xxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Yeah, definately! They are a lot better, tbh the female wouln't chase i don't think, she would just chase my male But Zeke has gone from frothing at the mouth near them and prancing about when we first got him to loose lead walking through fields of them now, he's great when we're near them when we stay in Scotland, he knows he's not allowed to even look at them whilst he's walking by my side or he gets a growl from me, which he just hates poor thing Still would never trust him off lead around them
They sound to have really improved If you did move up near me, you would be more than welcome to do some training around our sheep.

Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Oh Kirsty, that looks a lovely walk! Makes me miss home all the more!!
I love seeing Yogi and Flame, as gorgeous as ever! I think I should maybes get a GSD, and gundog train it for shoot days!!
Hopefully, when I come back up, I will be driving and have some sort of car, so we will have to meet up and you can show me some nice places to walk!
xx
It is a fab walk. There are loads of different forestry tracks running through the forest and out onto the hill. When you get back up we must meet up! I think you will be the Dogsey member who lives the nearest to me We could go dog walking and also hacking when I get my horse

A GSD would be a great choice You would certainly turn a few heads.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Fabulous photos I could see my lot enjoying that
Will have to show you around up here when you come up We could organise a bit of a Dogsey group walk.

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Great photos - love the group shot in particular
Flame is looking great (though quite grey now!)
She is quite grey now isn't she I keep telling myself that very soon I am going to have to leave her behind on longer walks, but she always begs to come and then enjoys most of the walk, but is quite slow and stiff by the time we have finished. Next time you come up here, we could go for that walk - it is lovely and quiet.

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
The dogs look lovely and the views, just beautiful xxxx Thanks for sharing xxxxx
Thanks WW
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >