Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 08:29 AM

My good deed done for the day!!

Hi all

OH is doing a private job today so I had to take him to work early this morning!

On the way home I was driving through one of the villages and I saw a cocker spaniel out on his own on the road! I looked for an owner but couldn't see one, I had to keep driving as there was a car behind me but I turned round when I could and went back towards the dog!!

When I was coming back up the road he was very very close to the main road and he nearly got hit by a car on the village road, that was the last straw I had to get him!! I pulled over and stuck my hazards on and got out the car, I got a little closer and he ran up to me!

Checked for a dog tag!! NONE!

So I knocked on a couple of doors but no answer (still early) so then I phoned my Dad and got the RSPCA number (never had to report a missing dog so wasn't aware of what to do) and was told to phone local council so I did but they said I would have to take him to local emergency dog warden vet place that didnt open till 8.30 - it was barely 8 at this point and I only had the one lead!! So I put him in my car and drove down through the village, I saw a lady walking her dogs and asked if she knew him, luckily she told me roundabouts where he lived and in the end I managed to find his owner, they did say thanks but were nowhere near as grateful as I would have been if someone had just brought Monty back to me!!! - He well looked after etc, just think he was allowed to roam!

I clearly pointed out about him not having a tag etc. they said he normally did but they had washed him the previous night and hadn't put it back on, I explained how he was nearly hit by a car, so hopefully he won't be allowed to roam so free next time!!

He was a lovely dog, him and Monty had a quick play whilst in the car and when I went to leave he jumped in my car lol - maybe I should have just taken him home!

Sorry for the long post, I was just so shocked that nothing is really done for stray dogs unless the person who finds them is willing to sort everything out! Oh I reckon the owners should have been a bit more grateful, he would have been on the main road in no time if I hadn't of picked him up!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Well done you! That was a great thing to do. Maybe it'l majke his owners think
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Well done you, your place up above is reserved I've done the same a couple of times & it is annoying when the owners just say "oh thanks!"
If it was me I would be eternally grateful!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Maybe they were disappointed that you brought him back, perhaps they were hoping he would get "lost"
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Well done Amy, let's just hope they don't make a habit of it