Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 09:20 PM

Would you be mad if...

Your OH went to a friend's cocktail party (but didn't drink a drop of alcohol as was driving) and the next day, plastered on a certain social network site...was a pic (amongst others) of him with a girl you don't know/have never met, sat on his knee?

I have not even mentioned it TBH as I didn't think it was worth the aggro but my sister seems to think I should pull him up. I believe it's innocent enough (on his part, not a clue about the lass) so it didn't really bother me too much, although I wonder how he would feel if it were the other way round, might well just test that out....

It was at the house of one of his friends who had came bk from uni or something, and no, I wasn't invited...

If you have me on said network site, you can see said offending pic for yourself on my profile.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Im ok with things if they are told to me and explained.

However I am a cow if I just find out and OH didn't say a word....................sorry but the would have nothing on me.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Im ok with things if they are told to me and explained.

However I am a cow if I just find out and OH didn't say a word....................sorry but the would have nothing on me.
Well he clearly knew the pics were taken and then clearly knew they were on his profile for all to see, so either the thought "Oh Kel might not really appreciate these pics" has failed to enter his mind, or he's keeping quiet and hoping I don't notice. My sister told me in private and asked me if i'd seen them and I told her to post it on my profile for all to see and see if he explains himself, shhh, our secret!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Well he clearly knew the pics were taken and then clearly knew they were on his profile for all to see, so either the thought "Oh Kel might not really appreciate these pics" has failed to enter his mind, or he's keeping quiet and hoping I don't notice. My sister told me in private and asked me if i'd seen them and I told her to post it on my profile for all to see and see if he explains himself, shhh, our secret!
I have just seen it....hugs xxxxxx

Think you might be worth while just keeping him as a play-thing hun sorry don't mean to offend, but let him do all the running...treat him mean keep him kean your far too nice and wonderful to be messed about xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I have just seen it....hugs xxxxxx

Think you might be worth while just keeping him as a play-thing hun sorry don't mean to offend, but let him do all the running...treat him mean keep him kean your far too nice and wonderful to be messed about xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Steph, I am trying but I have gotten quite attached. I was a bit mean to him over this whole holiday thing and it TOTALLY worked but I think I let my guard down too soon, should have stayed mean, grrrr.

He knows fine well if he messes me about he is out....and he really would be, I don't tolerate a cheat, never have, never will...

I think everyone should comment it and say how they would kill their OH and I might get a free dinner out of it at least.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Yes
I would be quite upset!
If he had told me the nights events, and said he had a pic taken with a girl (that you don't know), then thats not so bad, but not to say anything.....
Wouldn't have a problem with it if it was someone I knew, and I also knew nothng was going on (for example, we are close to my OH's best friends, and often have pics taken with each other - arms around each other etc).

Think you should ask, and get an answer Kel!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Yup, I would be mad, but I would be a bit sly about it and as him a few questions, like "So is it alright for me to go and sit on random (no pun inteaded ) guys laps and get pictures taken and post them up for the world to see?? oh and thats right I won't tell you that it happened and see how you feel............ a bit of a heads up would have been nice, it maybe some long lost cousin of yours I couldn't give a toss, but all I can say wait for my pictures to pop up and see how it makes you feel". Walk off and leave him with something to think about.
That is just my thoughts on it, and agree with Steph in some way, he is doing some really silly stuff and I just wonder where it will end, I know you won't stand getting cheated on, but I fear he hasn't got enough strength or boundary lines to say no, he went off to some stoopid island (it would have been a lovely island if it was with you ) because he didn't have the guts to say no and he didn't feel comfortable about it but still went, I would have been saying 'sorry I am busy for the next century thanks anyway'.
All that being said we all take chances in relationships, it is just a matter of not ignoring your head or your heart and that 'gut feeling' you can get about it all.
Support you whatever you decide and as Steph and Hevvur have said you are way too nice for a guy to mess you up, you can have all the men you want except Johnny Depp, he is mine
hugs to you men can be plain thick some times
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't be overly impressed and would have to say something......
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Yes
I would be quite upset!
If he had told me the nights events, and said he had a pic taken with a girl (that you don't know), then thats not so bad, but not to say anything.....
Wouldn't have a problem with it if it was someone I knew, and I also knew nothng was going on (for example, we are close to my OH's best friends, and often have pics taken with each other - arms around each other etc).

Think you should ask, and get an answer Kel!
Thanks Hev, well exactly, I don't even know this girl, i'm guessing it's an old friend from school but I don't know.

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Yup, I would be mad, but I would be a bit sly about it and as him a few questions, like "So is it alright for me to go and sit on random (no pun inteaded ) guys laps and get pictures taken and post them up for the world to see?? oh and thats right I won't tell you that it happened and see how you feel............ a bit of a heads up would have been nice, it maybe some long lost cousin of yours I couldn't give a toss, but all I can say wait for my pictures to pop up and see how it makes you feel". Walk off and leave him with something to think about.
That is just my thoughts on it, and agree with Steph in some way, he is doing some really silly stuff and I just wonder where it will end, I know you won't stand getting cheated on, but I fear he hasn't got enough strength or boundary lines to say no, he went off to some stoopid island (it would have been a lovely island if it was with you ) because he didn't have the guts to say no and he didn't feel comfortable about it but still went, I would have been saying 'sorry I am busy for the next century thanks anyway'.
All that being said we all take chances in relationships, it is just a matter of not ignoring your head or your heart and that 'gut feeling' you can get about it all.
Support you whatever you decide and as Steph and Hevvur have said you are way too nice for a guy to mess you up, you can have all the men you want except Johnny Depp, he is mine
hugs to you men can be plain thick some times
Thanks Emma that's just what i'm thinking of doing, if he wasn't back as soon as tomorrow I could have had a will pal have ME sit on HIS knee and have our pic taken just to see what he said, it did cross my mind and I KNOW he would NOT be happy at all! One rule for him....

Ooooh no Johnny Depp? Bahhhhh ya spoil sport!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I wouldn't be overly impressed and would have to say something......
Thanks Vicki, think I will. x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Thanks Steph, I am trying but I have gotten quite attached. I was a bit mean to him over this whole holiday thing and it TOTALLY worked but I think I let my guard down too soon, should have stayed mean, grrrr.

He knows fine well if he messes me about he is out....and he really would be, I don't tolerate a cheat, never have, never will...

I think everyone should comment it and say how they would kill their OH and I might get a free dinner out of it at least.
My only concern is you hun, having met you I know what a lovely person you are....we could tell
I know we all would not stand being cheated on, but I think there are boundries too when your going out with someone...even when they are not there, you always should think.....''won;t do that as I don't want to upset Blah Blah''
I am concerned that he isn't thinking that way about you....thats just a feeling I am getting.
Firstly if this holiday was all arranged before meeting you he should of put you in the picture months back love, introduced you to Mrs ''sark'' (you know who I mean) and put you mind at ease, with the party thing he should of told you about the photo....ie, she is a friend of mine etc etc., it's not about cheating, its about being honest and up front, you can admire anyone who is those things. It's about having peace of mind.
I know your attached I could tell that via the holiday post, but being blunt (sorry Im speaking like an old grannie now) no matter how virgin like he is....or boy like/inmature etc., he still should have the brains to be up front with you.
If you have to tell him every five mins, then eventually this relationship will be like your his mother.......and I think he has enough of the ''motherly type'' around him already.

If I was you I'd take a step back, mainly because (and I have sons so I am seeing a bigger picture) I think he is at the stage of just finding out ''who he is'' ''what he wants'' and exploring the big wide world....as they do at that age, and you have to be aware that when he does you may get hurt xxxx

I once was told a wise thing....''men never mature until after 25.....if they are ever going to mature'' and that was told me by a lady who had 8 sons.
If I think about my own sons now in thier 30's I have to say I agree with that statement.

Anyway lecture over.....we're here if ever you need us
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »