Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Psycholgist appointment tomorrow...

Well, I have an appointment with the psychologist tomorrow morning and I am terrified. Firstly, I don't know what to expect of her, what things she'll ask etc. Second, I am scared that either she'll say that she thinks I should have some kind of therapy or she'll say that there is nothing they can do. I'm not sure which would be worse.

I've had mental health issues since I was 12. I've been on and off medication, I was in therapy for 3 years, I spent a year at a therapeutic community, I've been in and out of hospital too.

My psych doc wanted me to have DBT (which is kind of like CBT) but the psychology department said it wasn't appropriate. I don't know what they will suggest though. I don't do group therapy at all and I don't 'get' CBT (I've been told I'm too analytical for that).

I'm just really scared about this appointment. I hate talking about stuff with new people too. I just want it to be over.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Boy do I feel for you. I hate going to someone new, and going over all the details, dragging them all out and airing them in public all over again, and you have no guarantees it will even be for any benefit to you. Its frustrating and painful. I feel your pain. I hope that you find the new psychologist to be kind and supportive and make you feel safe and most of all, to help you feel better. Thats all we really ever want, to feel better.

Good luck hon. Let us know how it goes.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Oh Ali....... try to be brave honey.....

Thinking of you x0x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 09:18 AM
I hope it goes well. I`m sure you`ll find it helpful. I find when I talk out loud about stuff that`s troubling me it helps sort it out in my head.
Remember you have a big say in your treatment, so make it clear what you want the outcome to be.
Big hugs.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. The appointment went well. I have a few options to think through and then we are meeting in 3 weeks time so we can discuss where to go from here.

I'm glad it's over.

Ali x
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 05:29 AM
so happy it went well for you Ali!