Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2010, 09:04 AM

Defying Gravity

Ask some will remember, my cousin has suffered from hodgkins myphome..a type of blood/glands cancer, and last year was diagnosed terminal..I posted here in regards to advice on him having to rehome his GSP. Well I thought I'd update the situation, he was given two to three months in Novemeberish time..as his cancer was very progressive. During the end of January he entered the myton hospice, where at one point he was given "hours to days at the most" as was a very sick young man, he and his fiancee of many years were meant to get married this july/august, but plans don't go that way, so on valentines day..in the chapel at the hospice infront of their family and close friends, they became mr & mrs, quite an emotional occassion really. And then the doctors said again, it wouldn't be long. We're entering mid march, and by some strange force of nature he's still here , I realise that now their forecasts of quite short time may be becoming more realistic, as he gets tireder and tireder and more sick..but in times of darkness, one has to look towards the fact of all this extra time we've had with him so far, and every day from this to that he passes. A miracle in occurance maybe?
Thought I'd update those who i'd spoke too about this, and to explain why I'm not around much-i'm not dead honest! And to all those in similar situations, never give up hope..as stranger things have happened!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 10:29 AM
What a lovely post.

I think when it comes to things like this, people's inner strength makes a huge difference. Your cousin obvious feels he has things to hang around for and is doing his best to stay with you all. Long may that continue. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Amazing......but terribly sad at the same time....

Hugs Luke x0x
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2010, 12:43 PM
It is sad, but at the same time we're approaching three years since his initial diagnosis, which in my eyes is three bonus years Thankfully he's had this extra two months since being giving little time in the doctors opinions, to set his affairs in order and do things that were planned for the not too far future, it's in times like this you learn to appreciate even the smallest glimpse of good
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Lovely story

Hugs to you and your family
xxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2010, 02:55 PM
It just shows what willpower and courage can do... oh Luke your cousin sounds like a fighter and hope he can carry on defying expectations, (((HUGS))) to him and you xxx