Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2005, 08:44 PM

How faithful is your dog(s)

Hello, just been sitting thinking and I wondered how many other people can do this.

I often open my front door and porch door to allow the afternoon sun to come in, I have some privet around my garden but an open gate way onto the estate road. Blackie is so faithful that he doesn't go out of the house, even though he has ample oportunity to do so. Today I was sitting on the settee and he was lying beside me with the front doors wide open, he wasn't bothered at all.

Is that faithfullness or what?

If I go and sit in the door way he will curl up at my feet, if someone he knows goes past he'll go and great them and come striaght back to me without being called.

Ian
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 08:48 PM
aww he sounds a gem, bessie is very faithful, borris isnt and beanies aloof
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Bless Blackie xx

Ian - don't you think they know? My Dad has had a couple of strokes and his sight has been badly affected. M&Ds dog, Misty, (from a rescue) walks by his side, almost like a guide dog, and goes around the house and garden with him and waits for him outside the bathroom. How sweet is that?

Pic is Misty with Dinah, a little while ago, when D was still a pup.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00410.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	309  
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Bless Blackie xx

Ian - don't you think they know? My Dad has had a couple of strokes and his sight has been badly affected. M&Ds dog, Misty, (from a rescue) walks by his side, almost like a guide dog, and goes around the house and garden with him and waits for him outside the bathroom. How sweet is that?

Pic is Misty with Dinah, a little while ago, when D was still a pup.
Yes they definately know, If I move a muscle he is there alert and ready to go wherever I am going. He won't leave my side, apart from when I have had him out, he runs back home and waits on the door step! but if I don't come he come's back looking for me.

Ian
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
They do know you know and of course Blackie is a star amongst stars, how proud you must be of him.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I am very very proud, in fact it is beyond words.

Ian
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 09:08 PM
mine would all run off .....to the pub probably
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Don't know is this is being faithful..my two staffies will not go out with anyone but me..not even members of the family....They are constantly at my side whatever I am doing..
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 11:12 PM
I understand exactly what you mean Ian.. my two collies, Smooks and Cain are just the same, they never run off at all .Dizzy's not bad either the same cannot be said however for Tetley..he's a total runner .
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 11:47 PM
hi

well If i left the door open Bruno would run off - definetly - however he woudl come back when he realised I wasnt coming with him. Also he will not go a walk with anyone but me or hubby - which is good - he just plants his bum on the ground and refuses to move.. so I suppose he is faithful to some extent,,,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >