Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Kennel Cough vaccine?

Can anyone tell me roughly how much this is, how far in advance you need to have it done before dogs go into kennels and if there are any side effects ??

Many thanks x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Can anyone tell me roughly how much this is, how far in advance you need to have it done before dogs go into kennels and if there are any side effects ??

Many thanks x
Just had my dogs done, cant quiet remember price.

Kennels will insist on the dogs being done 10 /14 days before they go to kennels.

Some dogs can suffer a mild case of KC (as it is a live vaccine, that's why the Kennels will insist on the incubation period.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Mine just has the KC vaccine last week and cost £22 each.The kennels that I use request it done at least 10 days before they go in. So far none of mine have had any side effects to having it.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Around here it's about £35 and like above most places ask for it to be done 10-14 days in advance in case they are already incubating it in which case you'd know by then.

HTH!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Just had my dogs done, cant quiet remember price.

Kennels will insist on the dogs being done 10 /14 days before they go to kennels.

Some dogs can suffer a mild case of KC (as it is a live vaccine, that's why the Kennels will insist on the incubation period.
Originally Posted by basi View Post
Mine just has the KC vaccine last week and cost £22 each.The kennels that I use request it done at least 10 days before they go in. So far none of mine have had any side effects to having it.
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
Around here it's about £35 and like above most places ask for it to be done 10-14 days in advance in case they are already incubating it in which case you'd know by then.

HTH!
Thank you all! Very helpful