Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 08:12 PM

Eek I'm falling apart, and I'm only 38

over the last few months, I have started to fall apart

it started with horrid itching it mostly happens at night, but recently its been more regular and lasting longer with the antihistamine's I had been taking having little effect,
often now it can last anything from 1 to 3 hrs, its mostly confined to my feet and lower legs but It does happen on my hand and arms now and then.
I have been having bouts of chest pain back and forth as well, again becoming more frequent,

so I bit the bullet today and went to the doc,

got to go back on Thursday for some blood tests, I think she said they were going to test for markers?
shes also testing me for Helicobacter Pylori whatever that is.

I just hope they get to the bottom of it soon, its a nightmare.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Aww Bless ya! *Hugs*

I hope you get some results from the tests you're going to have, then hopefully the doctor can sort out some medication for you

Feel better soon x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh chick, I'm so sorry you're feeling unwell.

Hope the doc sorts it for you. You know where I am

Maw
x0x0x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh well, better get the cosmetic surgeous on the phone then to put you back together again, Shona.

Really though, hope it's nothing serious and they go the bottom of it soon. Take care.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Hope you feel better Shona and that it's nothing serious and the docs can get you some meds or something to relieve the pain.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Y'know my Dad has exactly that... He's been on antihistamines since before I was born for the itching and has heliobacter (I think it's a bacteria in the bottom of the stomach?) as well. He says it all goes away on the rare occasions that he doesn't have any stress. I hope it gets better faster than his has and you feel better soon!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Poor you. Im glad you finaly went to the doc - if it had been one of the dogs you would have had them at the vet ages ago
Hopefully they can sort you out and you can feel a bit more human!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Helicobacter Pylori whatever that is.
It's bacteria which has been linked to stomach ulcers. Raw green cabbage juice has been shown to kill it - try juicing that for a while and see how you go
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Try Boots itchy leg cream it is amazing stuff. I suffer from extreme itchiness of the lower legs at night and have been known to scratch them raw. Good luck......o know how excruciating it can be.....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Aw Shona, I'm sorry you are feeling so down. I had a skin itching problem for a bit - it began in the second year of my degree and I was run down and suffering from bouts of ill health. I put it down to that and stress - could yours be similar? I would get patches of itchy skin that seemed to go and reappear somewhere else.

Markers - they could be testing for known biomarker profiles for health problems or disease states, for example, with the heart. These are chemicals that may be present, say in the urine, which suggest a problem with, say, the heart, etc.

For H Pylori, if you wanted to go down the route of drug therapy, they can prescribe medication to help with this.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >