View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ruasmyboy
New Member!
Male 

13-02-2010, 11:16 AM

Safety of vaccines - any natural alternatives?

i personally have not had any sort of vaccine since the age of 2, i was brought up eating very healthy and staying away from most medicine. i have a very strong immune system and live a healthy life style, i want the same for my pup! he is eating nutro right now but i am switching him to a raw diet.

about my pup, he is a 9 week old boxer/american bulldog mix with his first set of shots done at 6 weeks and the next set are scheduled for tomorrow, Ive heard american bulldogs are very prone to parvo so i think its best he receives at least 4-5 parvo vaccinations(if I'm wrong please let me know)... any others that might not be necessary, or maybe i can go about naturally?
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by ruasmyboy View Post
i personally have not had any sort of vaccine since the age of 2, i was brought up eating very healthy and staying away from most medicine. i have a very strong immune system and live a healthy life style, i want the same for my pup! he is eating nutro right now but i am switching him to a raw diet.

about my pup, he is a 9 week old boxer/american bulldog mix with his first set of shots done at 6 weeks and the next set are scheduled for tomorrow, Ive heard american bulldogs are very prone to parvo so i think its best he receives at least 4-5 parvo vaccinations(if I'm wrong please let me know)... any others that might not be necessary, or maybe i can go about naturally?
Hello Ruasmyboy, I do not know what the normal vaccination programme would be for dogs in Salt Lake City, USA, and I belive it varies from State to State. I would think you should follow a standard programme of vaccination advised by your vet. We do not need rabies vaccinations in the UK nor do I think we need the heartworm protection. I would think it best to pay for whatever your vet recommends for a dog living in your area. I do not think it is possible to take the "natural route" to guarantee protection of your dog from the killer diseases. Best of luck with your new pup.