Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Grrr renting and pets!!!

im trying to find somewhere to rent and every time i think ive found the perfect house they tell me they dont accept a dog....but i want a dog!!! its driving me mad
any ideas
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-01-2010, 01:19 PM
www.letswithpets.org.uk

hope this helps
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes, try around your local farmers, they sometimes do summer lets on their cottages, and I'm sure they would take on a permanent all year round letting maybe? I know for sure they wouldn't mind dogs! It's very, very difficult to find a place to rent with a dog, so you need to look out in the sticks a bit, and good luck.
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2010, 03:56 PM
im having the same problem,i want to move and can never find anywhere that accepts dogs,dogs of my size anyway,i dont think some landlords mind small breeds
Leonberger
New Member!
Female 

19-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I own a house in Australia that i rent out and i make sure dogs are always welcome.
Even though the estate agents are always quick to tell me how dirty and destructive dogs are (but i should rent to the family with 3 kids under five!)

Its great in france because pets are considered a part of life so you could even keep an elephant i think!

I hope you find a place soon
Jay
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 04:36 PM
When i had to rent somewhere in St Helens - i explained i had a dog (although he was used for work). I made it extremely clear that my dog would never be left in the house alone unless crated and more to the point that i was willing to pay an extra deposit to cover any damage and if needed i would pay to have the house professionally cleaned after i moved away.

My letting agents were happy with this and i got a few offers of houses that my dog would be welcome at.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I've had this problem lately and with 4 dogs, me and the OH wouldnt have stood a chance. We've bought a caravan in the countryside and are in the process of sprucing it up before we move in. There is no running water in winter (the farmer switches off the water supply), the electricity is by generator and there is no flushable loo so I guess it's not everybody's cup of tea!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
www.letswithpets.org.uk

hope this helps
thanks for that ill check it out

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, try around your local farmers, they sometimes do summer lets on their cottages, and I'm sure they would take on a permanent all year round letting maybe? I know for sure they wouldn't mind dogs! It's very, very difficult to find a place to rent with a dog, so you need to look out in the sticks a bit, and good luck.
yea thats a good idea didn't think of doing that

Originally Posted by danielle0211 View Post
http://www.petfriendlyrentals.co.uk/
thankyou

Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
im having the same problem,i want to move and can never find anywhere that accepts dogs,dogs of my size anyway,i dont think some landlords mind small breeds
the ones ive phoned so far say no straight away to dogs its a pain isn't it

Originally Posted by Leonberger View Post
I own a house in Australia that i rent out and i make sure dogs are always welcome.
Even though the estate agents are always quick to tell me how dirty and destructive dogs are (but i should rent to the family with 3 kids under five!)

Its great in france because pets are considered a part of life so you could even keep an elephant i think!

I hope you find a place soon
Jay
thanks..and im sure kids do alot more damage to the house than dogs lol

Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
When i had to rent somewhere in St Helens - i explained i had a dog (although he was used for work). I made it extremely clear that my dog would never be left in the house alone unless crated and more to the point that i was willing to pay an extra deposit to cover any damage and if needed i would pay to have the house professionally cleaned after i moved away.

My letting agents were happy with this and i got a few offers of houses that my dog would be welcome at.
thats a good idea..worth a try.
they seem to assume that the dog is going to destroy the house and pee on the carpets!

Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I've had this problem lately and with 4 dogs, me and the OH wouldnt have stood a chance. We've bought a caravan in the countryside and are in the process of sprucing it up before we move in. There is no running water in winter (the farmer switches off the water supply), the electricity is by generator and there is no flushable loo so I guess it's not everybody's cup of tea!
lol that sounds tough!!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 10:14 PM
If your going through a Agent ask them to ask the landlord, even if they state No pets....and get them to offer a bigger deposit to cover any damage by your pets. I did and she let me stay with 4 Dogs 1 cat and 2 guinea Pigs. Infact 3 people came back with a Yes.

They are going to keep £200 of my Deposit for 3 months when I leave, to check there will be no flea infestation.

Thank God I'm moving into my own Home tho... I have lived on egg shells being in some elses house
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >